078

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝐈𝐈

The next day I was woken up bright and early by the constant vibrating of my phone.

My hand fished for it, seeing the hundreds of messages and missed calls from Ronnie.

Veronica L. 💎🥴
Veronica: Service is @ 12pm
Veronica: I've been told beau was coming ;))
Veronica: I better see you both wearing something cute!
Veronica: #Swinnie4ever

I rolled my eyes at reading the text messages. Christ Ronnie, I didn't think my relationship was this impacting among the halls.

I lightly chuckled as I shut my phone off. I shook my head at replaying the messages in my mind.

"So I see your group of friends are as crazy as you are." Sweet Pea teased from behind me.
"Hey!" I laughed, turning to hit his arm. He chuckled, looking at me for a moment and then tucking away at a strand of my hair.

"You okay?" He asked with concern.
"Better now." I replied, taking his hand in mine and nuzzling my face in it.

"Come on let's get ready or we'll be late." I said with a small smile before getting up.
"Did you get a suit?" I went for my flannel.
"Yeah, FP kinda helped me out with that one." I looked at him with raised brows.
"And you're still alive?" I slipped my foot in one sneaker.
"I found my way around him for a while." He shrugged, flashing me a cocky grin.

"You know I'm really starting to suspect dad likes you a little too much." I said as he walked me to the door.
"You can't blame me. Everyone likes me." He defended. I leaned my head back to laugh.
"Yeah right. I'll see you in a bit." He opened the door and to our surprise, we found Toni about to knock.

"Well, good morning to you two." She was stunned but she had a perverted glimmer in her eyes.
"And here I thought you were thick-skinned to the gods." She teased.
"I just couldn't sleep." I playfully rolled my eyes, shooting one last glace at Sweet Pea before going down the steps with my best friend.

We walked back to my place so she could help me get ready for Ronnie's confirmation. I wasn't quite big on the religious celebrations.

"Tell me what really happened between you two last night." She asked, linking our arms.
"I broke down big time Toni... I told him the truth." I debated on whether I should tell her the full story. I wasn't sure how she was going to take it.
"Okay, and what did he say?" She lingered as I opened the door for her to go in before me.
"Well, he took what I said well... he wanted to hear how I really felt because I've been avoiding that topic with him." I stopped halfway in the hallway, turning to face her.

"I forgave him, Toni." She went wide-eyed.
"What?! You forgave him?" She couldn't believe it.
"I don't believe that Rhiannon. You're just saying that!" I sighed as we continued to head into my room.