011

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿

Jughead and I stepped out of the sheriff's station, greeted by the bright white layer of snow covering every inch of our little town called Riverdale.

The cold, rough, and bipolar winters had finally settled in and I was not anticipating getting sick or having to cover up twice as much. I was not too fond of the cold.

We had spent an uncomfortable night going back and forth with dad and Sheriff Keller. We didn't leave until after Sheriff Keller interrogated dad again. The difference this time was that there was a negotiation.

𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠...

I was leaned up against the window with Jughead. I had my arms crossed as he supported himself behind me, hovering over my shoulder.

"So, Blossom was the kingpin. He funneled drugs through Riverdale and then shipped them out..." Sheriff Keller began, sitting on the edge of a desk.
"What the Mayor and I care about is the local component of Blossom's business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale, mostly on the Southside." I grew nervous.

The Serpents strictly transported and distributed weed only, but when things got desperate and the club needed funds we sold the hard stuff. It didn't matter where we got it from we just sold it.

Dad and Sheriff Keller had been at it for hours now. It was tiring.

Dad became impatient and he shook his head with a scoff. He knew what was being implied.

My hand went for my locket, forming a fist. I couldn't smoke to help keep my fingers busy and I couldn't dig my nails into my palms either. I made a promise to work on it.

"But it started to cross the tracks recently--."
"And you think it's the Serpents?" Dad cut him off with annoyance in his tone.
"Who else?" Sheriff Keller fired back.

"Of course, the Serpents are the first to be pinned out about everything." I said under my breath.
"Shhh, Rhinnie!" Jughead hushed me, tapping my shoulder. I frowned.

"So here's the deal, you feed us names-- tell me who's pushing the dope-- the Mayor and the DA have a chat and maybe he'd be inclined to offer you a lesser sentence." I exchanged subtle looks with dad. What was he going to do?
"Serpents don't get into the hard stuff. It's dime bags of weed..." He replied.
"And I'm no snitch." I smirked, stifling a laugh.

Sheriff Keller pushed off from his desk impatiently and went to stand in front of him. He wasn't having any of dad's attitude.

"FP, if you don't help us and your case goes to trial there will be no leniency. You'll be looking at twenty years in a federal penitentiary for your part in the cover-up of Jason Blossom's murder." He laid it out without any sugar, making Jughead death grip my shoulder.