020

𝗨𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗻𝗮𝗸𝗲

𝗨𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗻𝗮𝗸𝗲

"I'm sorry." Jughead and I apologized at the same time.

We looked up at each other, breaking into a fit of laughter. He swung his arm around me.

"I can never really stay mad at you, huh bitch?" I said, ruffling his hair.
"Damn right, jerk." He ruffled my hair back. I laughed as he kissed my cheek.

Jughead let me cry for a bit when we were alone in that dreadful room.

We had stayed at the station for the rest of the day, working out the rest of dad's paperwork. Once the T's were crossed and the I's were dotted, we headed back home.

"You gonna walk?" I asked, the cold breeze rubbing against our faces. Our noses and cheeks had turned a rosy red.
"Yeah, I need to clear my head. You?" At reaching our trailer, I sat down on the wooden steps, letting my fingers graze my rings.

"Still thinking about it. Be careful." He nodded, turning to leave me.
"Catch ya later, sis. Be safe." He shoved his hands into his jacket and walked down the dirt path.

My hands went for my pockets, taking out my pack and my lighter. I took the cigarette in my lips, lighting it up, and blowing out the smoke.

I then stood up and went inside. I shuffled into the room where I found myself in the closet. I pulled out one of my carry-ons, rummaging through it until I found what I was looking for.

I held it out in front of me, sliding back on the chamber to check and see if it was full, before pulling it back and hiding it in my waistband. I shrugged off my Serpent jacket, exposing my pale arms.

I bent down to look through the carry-on again, finding my gold arm piece and slipping it through. The memories that came with it flooded my mind and I was trying very hard to suppress them.

I stood up again to leave, taking my bike helmet and stepping out. As I made my way down the steps, I bumped into Toni.

"Shit, babe you scared me." I hit the last step.
"Sorry, love I came to see if you wanted to have a sleepover tonight." She said with a small chuckle.

I felt goosebumps form on my arms from the chilly air nipping at them.

"Did Lady kick in today?" Toni eyed me up and down, raising a brow. I chuckled, shaking my head.
"Just gonna head to the quarry for some practice." I replied, clasping my helmet on.

"That's sick!" Her eyes went wide.
"Where did you get it?" She came forward to grab my arm and play with the gold piece.
"A little treat for working odd jobs." I watched her admire the jewelry.

"I'll get you something as big as this for Christmas, just you wait babe." I teased.
"Knowing you, that's a promise." She giggled, linking her arm in mine to walk me to my bike.