039

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗦𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲

There was a consistent pounding at the door the next morning. I laid in bed not wanting to answer it.

I didn't even bother to get up. I waited to see if they would go away on their own but the knocking continued.

I let out a groan as I took my pillow and covered my head. I turned over to bury myself within the sheets and in the comfort of my bed, slowly but quickly drifting back to slumber.

"Jughead, can you get the door please?" I asked, waiting for him to move. Silence.
"Jughead?" I called him again. No answer.

Jesus, how deep does this guy sleep? I sighed.

"Jughead!" I yelled this time. Nothing.

I furrowed my brows, turning over again to see that the bed was empty. Did I sleep alone last night?

I sat up against the headboard, scanning the room and over to the door. My brother was nowhere in sight.

I quickly got up now, letting one of his many stolen shirts fall over my hips. A small strain followed by a yawn left me as I stretched my back.

The door was still being pounded on and I was growing annoyed. I groaned again.

"Alright! I'm coming!" I shouted, going down the hall and passing the kitchen to reach the doorknob.

"This better be--." I was cut off by someone crashing their lips on mine.

I was shocked at first, taken aback by the random action. I was getting ready to push them off me when I realized it was Sweet Pea.

"Sweet Pea!" I gasped, pulling away with a small laugh.
"Good morning princess." He greeted with a cool smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you kissing ass or did you really mean that?" I crossed my arms.
"I'm sorry Rhin but she's just a friend! I only have eyes for you." He replied.

"Besides, you were letting Marcus touch you like that in front of me and everyone last night." I scoffed.
"Unlike her, Marcus is actually a friend." I smiled sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes, taking my face to make me look up at him. He leaned in to kiss me again but I stopped him with my finger.

"Mmm, go kiss a dick, baby." I moved away to reach for the coat hanger, fishing for my cigarettes in my jacket.
"Rhiannonnn." He groaned, coming into the trailer.

I lit up my cigarette before going to sit down on the couch.

"Why can't you trust me?" He whined, hovering over me. I looked up at him slightly flustered at his sudden closeness.
"I-- I trust you." I puffed the smoke away from his face nervously.
"I just trust you too much." He furrowed his brows at my words.