0110

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀

After the musical, Sweet Pea had managed to take me away from the scene and meet with dad, Jughead, Betty, Alice, and Hal in the parking lot.

I went home with my family as usual and from there, I never came out of my trailer, let alone my bed. I felt the guilt of Midge's death weigh on me, consume me so much so that I drowned in it. All. Weekend. Long.

The only time I left home and bed was when Sheriff Keller summoned everyone from the musical to the station. That was also the only time I ever spoke.

---

I was sitting in the small office of Sheriff Keller. He had gone through almost everyone and I was one of the last few to go in.

Jughead and Sweet Pea had already gone and I was left to be interviewed alone.

"So, Rhiannon, let's start off with what was the last thing you spoke to Midge about?" He asked, beginning to write my name down on his notepad.

It was late at night and all I wanted to do was climb in the warm covers of my bed and never come out.

"Uh, I was giving her directions where to go before she went up." I said, playing with the zipper of my Serpent jacket.
"I remember I was standing with Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Chuck. Moose was there when I told her to go out and he swore to me that he saw her go up through the side door." He nodded, writing what I just said.

"What time was this?" He asked again.
"Maybe twenty minutes before she went up and before the backdrop went down." I replied. He nodded once again.

"Is there anything else you know?" I nodded.
"When we were starting the musical, Kevin had mentioned to me that he had gotten threats about recasting Cheryl's role." I said.

"We ignored them at first because I mean come on, The Black Hood going after the role in a play? That didn't add up." He had me continue.
"Then the following day, Kevin received another threat and that's when we decided to keep Cheryl from being a part of the musical." I looked down at my rings.

"I'm also aware that you were attacked by the Black Hood at the school?" He said. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.
"Yes sir." I said.

"Why didn't you report it?" He asked. I sat there quietly for a moment, feeling my eyes well up. The guilt kicked in again.
"I was scared... I didn't want to speak up about it." I said. He nodded in understanding.

---

It was my fault that Midge was dead. If I hadn't been honest about what happened earlier and later that week, I could have stopped this. I was warned and it cost a life.