0113

𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮 𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲

𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮 𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲

We were pulled out of the car and pushed up the steps of the station. I suddenly flashed back to that night I had my first miscarriage and I bit my lip.

"Remind you of anything?" I lingered to Sweet Pea who became tense.
"That's not funny." He sang as we stood by the window.
"Lighten up baby, I'm drunk." I whispered. We stood behind Sheriff Minetta, looking up to a third officer coming toward us. It was an officer I hadn't seen in a while. Reese.

He seemed to have changed his appearance. His hair wasn't in a curly mess anymore but pulled back neatly. The last time I saw him, he was serious and barely talked.

This time, he looked like he had life inside him. It wasn't something I hadn't seen in him for a very long time. His green eyes lit up.

"Rutherford, have them sign in and put them in holding. Double time." He said to Reese.
"And let me know what you find on this one." He motioned to me. I rolled my eyes at being the sudden party favor.
"Yes sir." Reese replied.

"Oh come on Sheriff, all you have to do is ask." I smiled. He gave me one last look before walking away.
"Pervert." Sweet Pea said under his breath. I shouldered him. Reese had waited until Minetta was no longer in hearing or seeing distance.

"I know these kids, it's alright." He said to the officer at the window. He nodded before we were now being taken down the hallway we grew familiar with.

"Even in Riverdale, trouble follows you, eh? I thought I wouldn't have to see your ass again." He said. I laughed at his comment.
"Come now Reese, this is my home turf. The law calls to me." I replied. He buzzed open a door and we followed in.

"Mmm, it's also in your family." Sweet Pea remarked. I scoffed.
"Well look who's sassy today." I said, looking over to him. He leaned his head back to laugh.
"I learned it from you." He smiled in defense. I shook my head.
"Nah, you had that way before I came around." I said.

"Hold up..." Reese said, stopping us and then eyeing us weirdly. His eyes went between me and Sweet Pea and then stopped at him. He eyed him up and down, looking to me and furrowing his brows.

"Aren't you two a little too young to be married?" He said now. I had to do a double-take on what he had said. Sweet Pea did the same thing until we looked down at our hands and then saw the rings.

"They're just promise rings. Besides, daddy would have his head if we did get married." I teased.
"Now that is such bullshit." Sweet Pea let out. I giggled as we continued to walk.

"So what, he's supposed to be your upgrade from Levi?" He said. I nodded.
"Duh, do you not see these biceps?" I said, squeezing Sweet Pea's arm. I felt him flex underneath his flannel. Reese chuckled as he stopped us again to open a cell.