Whirlpool x Coral(Woral?)

Why? I mean... this was hard to write.

-         -           -           -            -         -        -

"Mother, may I please go play with my friends?"Anemone begged, her eyes round and sparkling as she gazed up at her mother.

Her harness hung loosely around her small, pink and blue scales.

"I don't know, Anemone, you might get hurt."She said in her usual motherly voice.She stroked her daughters head with a webbed talon.

"But-"

"No buts, please, honey."Coral smiled stiffly, pulling her hand back. "You do as mummy says, okay?"

"Yes, mother."Anemone sighed, staring at her feet.

"Now, I have a meeting with Whirlpool! Come along now, darling."
Coral pulled Anemone after her, the harness tightening around the dragonets body.

Coral led her daughter into a small room with a few shelves and a ton of papers everywhere.

"Oh, Whirlpool! Where are you?!"Coral sang, nudging Anemone into the corner as the sluggish green SeaWing slipped into the room, his usual sly grin on his face.

"Why, Princess Anemone, why the sad face?"Whirlpool shrilled, holding the princess's face with his talons and inspecting her.

"I just wanted to play with my friends, but mother won't allow me to."Anemone grumbled, tearing herself out of Whirlpool's grasp.

"Ah, yes.And why is that, your highness?"Whirlpool turned to Coral, his eyes playfully questioning.

He always seemed to tease her.
Queen Coral didn't mind it, of course.
She actually found it quite charming.

"She might get hurt!"Coral gasped dramatically, smiling overly at her him.
"We wouldn't want that now, would we?"

"No, of course not."Whirlpool nodded, then reached down for some papers.
"Here, these are for you."
He held them out for Coral to take.

Coral snatched them from him, glancing furiously at the papers. "What are these?!"She snapped.

"These are the wedding papers for in a few years."Whirlpoop replied sleazily.

"But- Anemone is barely old enough to fly! Shouldn't you hold off on the wedding papers? Something might happen to her and then they'll be wasted."Coral tried her best to make an excuse.

"What's wrong my dear? Do you not want Anemone to marry me?"Whirlpool grinned, inspecting his claws.

"No! I do.....It's-complicated.."Coral sighed, then turned to Anemone. "I suppose if you're careful, you may go and play with your....friends."

Anemone beamed. "Really!? Am I dreaming!? If so, I never want to wake up!"She watched as Coral unlatched her harness.Once she was free, Anemone danced away, singing happily to herself.

"Am I really that bad!?"Coral frowned after her daughter.

"Yes."Whirlpool nodded. "You need to relax.The Kid can probably take care of herself."

Coral was skeptical. "I don't know.."

"Well, I do.Now, let's go distract you.Collect some seashells, perhaps?"

Coral liked the idea of sea shelling with Whirlpool.

"Alright, fine.But only for a little while."

<>|Under the sea|<>

Coral swam around, circling Whirlpool as he floated in the water.

Where to first, Queen Coral? He flashed, the stripes along his scales lighting up.

The southern sea, of course! Coral responded, flailing her tail to make her go faster as she swam strongly toward south.

Whirlpool followed her, his side bumping hers occasionally.
He pointed a claw toward a shining pink blob tucked in a crevice.

Pink seashell there. He flashed.

Coral nodded, swimming down to pull it out.It shimmered in her talon, lighter pink splotches on the darkish pink shell. It's gorgeous!

Yes, it is. Whirlpool looked bored.
Very beautiful.

Why did you invite me sea shelling if you don't even like it? Coral demanded, dropping the pink shell.

Because! Whirlpool held up his talons. You needed a distraction from your queenly duties.

Fine. Let's go back to the palace now.
Coral took off, not even waiting for a response.

She dodged a pufferfish, swam over a stingray, grabbed and ate a clownfish and flew out of the water, landing on a rock right outside the summer palace.

Whirlpool emerged beside her, panting and coughing. "Queen! You didn't wait for me!"His voice was irritated.

"You didn't ask me to."Coral pointed out sassily, jumping down off the rock.

"Whatever."Whirlpool followed her, his talons hitting Coral's tail multiple times, which Coral tried not to get annoyed by. 

"Look,"Whirlpool sighed, hurrying to stand in front of her and stop her from moving. "I didn't just invite you sea shelling to distract you."He admitted, blinking his horridly green eyes.

"Then why?"Coral frowned, wrapping her thick tail around her legs.

"Because I wanted to hang out with you."Whirlpool rolled his eyes. "Are you really that oblivious of the hints I've been leaving you?"

"What hints?"Coral blinked.

"Exactly.The truth is....I don't want to marry Anemone.I want to marry you."He stated bluntly.

"Me?"Coral said incredulously, her face heating up. "You want to marry me instead of my beautiful daughter?"

"Yes.She's much too young for me."Whirlpool stuck out his tongue.

"Well, I suppose I do find you quite charming."Coral admitted, scraping the ground with a webbed talon.

Whirlpool perked up slightly. "I thought so.I'm just glad my charms worked on royalty."

"So I suppose we could try this, 'being together' thing."Coral wrinkled her snout.

Gill surely won't mind.

"Alright then.."Whirlpool hesitantly held out his talon.

Coral did the same, and they clasped their talons together.

It felt weird.But a good weird.

"Let's go get Anemone now.I'm worried about her."Coral said, starting to walk.

"Now that's the Queen Coral I'm used to."Whirlpool murmured, following her.

A/N: okay, that was prolly the weirdest thing I've ever had to write.

But okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😖