Winter x Lynx(Lynxter)

Winter sighed heavily, glancing over at Moon and Qibli.They looked so happy together; in love.

But why don't I feel as bad as I thought I would?

I loved Moon, didn't I?

But he couldn't bring himself to admit that.Did he truly love Moon? Like Qibli did?

No.

Someone else found her way into his mind.Someone who wasn't Moon.
Some IceWing.

An IceWing with light blue freckles on her snout, a beautiful smile and irresistibly bright eyes.An IceWing so sweet and thoughtful, it made Winter's heart melt.

And Winter could easily name that dragon.

Lynx.

Yeah, he would admit it.He had a crush on Lynx.

Why am I only now realizing it? We've been best friends since we were hatchlings!

Surely Lynx didn't like him back, though? Only like a brother, perhaps?

Speaking of Lynx, Winter flinched as that very IceWing appeared in front of him, her snout curled up in a wide smile. "Hey, Winter! I thought I'd stop by on the way to the Rain Forest!"

"Hey, Lynx."Winter forced a chill smile on his muzzle, giving her a small hug.She sat back, pointing a talon to the pale blue and white IceWing beside her. "This is Orca, my new best friend.He's really cool."

Winter noticed that Orca looked quite feminine, and wondered if he was trans. "Hey, Orca."he nodded to the dragon, who dipped his head in greeting.

Why should it matter? Winter snapped in his head.

Winter also noticed they were sitting awfully close, and Lynx had her tail draped over Orca's.He narrowed his eyes, seeing the other male IceWing was moist with sweat.He looked nervous, eyes flicking around and never lingering on Winter.

Lynx locked eyes with Winter. "Can I speak to you for a moment?"she asked, standing.

"Sure."
Winter stood up and followed her a little ways away, voices low as they whispered.

"Orca is sensitive,"Lynx explained, eyes darting over to him. "He is super untrustworthy since his father and aunt abused him when he was younger."her voice was sad.

"Oh- I'm sorry, I didn't know.."Winter mumbled, seeing Orca differently now.His father had abused him, also.

"It's fine."Lynx shrugged. "He takes comfort in gentle touch.Once he knows you, he appreciates the light gestures.That's why I had my tail over his."

"Oh-I didn't notice."Winter lied, glancing at her talons then up at the sky.

"Sure you didn't."Lynx mumbled, a smile spreading across her face. "Now let's go back and see him.He won't be here for long."she nudged his wing, heading back over to Orca.

Winter followed, a light smile on his snout.

***

"Bye, Orca!"Lynx smiled and waved, watching the dragon fly off into the darkening sky. "Fly home safe!"

"Isn't he going with you to the Rain Forest?"Winter tilted his head.

"No,"Lynx gazed into Winter's eyes. "He originally was going to, but this morning his sister invited him to her place for a few days."

"Oh."

Winter felt his cheeks warm up as he noticed how close they were standing, Lynx's snout a few inches away from his.He stepped back a step, letting out a quick, "Sorry."

"It's fine, I'm sorry, too."Lynx chuckled nervously, backing up as well.They stood there, eyeing the ground with interest.

"Look,"Winter began, causing Lynx to look up at him, startled. "I didn't mean to make things awkward."

"No, it's fine,"Lynx shrugged. "It isn't really that awkward."she whispered, taking a step forward.She tripped on her own talons, falling forward.
She collapsed in Winter's outstretched wings, and her face was pressed into his cold, hard chest.She blushed a dark blue, struggling to sit up in his tight embrace.
"Sorry, sorry!"

"It's fine! Are you okay?"Winter set her back on her feet, grasping her chin lightly as he looked over her snout. "You look blue."he mumbled, his own scales heating up.

"I-I'm fine, really."she whispered, lost in his beautifully blue eyes.She felt they were sucking her in, and she didn't notice how close their muzzles were until Winter cleared his throat, but didn't move.

Neither did she, although she mumbled a quick apology.

"Don't apologize,"Winter said roughly. "Kiss me."

Lynx didn't hesitate, pressing her snout against his for a quick moment.She ducked her head, embarrassed suddenly.

"Thank you."Winter cracked a smile.

"Thank you? For what?"

"Kissing me."

She looked back in his eyes, and they both smiled.

"You're welcome,"Lynx grinned widely.

"Anytime!"

Yeah. Lynxter. And a rando trans dude Orca. Bc yesh.

- Leaf/y 💚