Tsunami x Riptide(Ripnami)

Riptide flicked his tail, sending water droplets raining down on the dragons beside him, who all sent him annoyed looks. "We are gathered here today to talk about our future.One where scavengers and dragons are seen as equals,"he began, voice slightly bored.

Pipit, the newest dragon in Sanctuary, raised her talon, brow furrowed as she gazed at Riptide. "How is that possible? Aren't scavengers dumb? Can they speak dragon? How are they equals to us? Are you staying they are better then us?"

Riptide let out a soft sigh, rubbing his temples with a claw. "It's possible if we make it possible, scavengers are not dumb, in fact they are quite smart, most can speak dragon, Wren is making sure of that, they are equals to us because some think they should be, and no, I am not."

Winter glanced down at his own pet scavenger, Raquin.The small female creature tilted her head up to peer at the IceWing, eyes bright. "Riptide, I get what you're talking about, I just don't see it necessary.Raquin and Wren told me a lot of the scavengers are happy the way things are, being seen as lower instead of equals.They like being cared for."

"I suppose,"Riptide frowned, tapping the ground with a claw. "But shouldn't we at least make an effort to be respectful of them? They are just as smart and loyal as we are, if not more."

"And we will,"Winter dipped his head. "Or at least most of us will.Sanctuary is a special place, one where humans are free to do whatever they please, and we shall keep it that way."he grasped Raquin lightly in his frigid talons, setting her on his shoulder and exciting the clearing.

Letting out a long sigh, Riptide looked up at the sky, seeing it darkening.
It would soon be time for his date with his girlfriend, Tsunami.

He trotted over to the seashore, where he would be meeting Tsunami.
He placed a light blue blanket across the sand, sitting down on it and placing a large basket on it as well.It contained some food for the date.

When Tsunami arrived, Riptide nearly died.His eyes widened in astonishment as he gazed at her glorious scales.She had a simple pink seashell necklace around her neck, sparkles on her scales and some chains woven through her horns.She blew him a kiss, plopping down beside him.

"Hey, Rippy, what's in the basket?"she licked her lips, eying the picnic basket with hunger.She stretched her talons out, trying to reach for the basket, but they were slapped away.

"Allow me."Riptide chortled, reaching in and pulling out four lobsters, a few clams, some trout, cod; bass and a couple of oysters. "Here, take whichever you'd like."

Tsunami immediately began to dig in, popping everything in her mouth as Riptide just stared at her.
As she reached for another trout, Riptide placed his talon on hers, causing her to look into his eyes.

"What?"

"Tsu..I don't want you to get over fed before dessert~"he whispered, placing a tender kiss on her snout.
She blushed, rolling her eyes.

"Fine.Give me desert, then."she huffed, slapping his talon off of her's.

Riptide reached into the basket again and pulled out a large blue cake with berries topping it. "Here.This is a cake Winter and Pipit made together for me."

"Nice,"Tsunami said, taking a clump out of the cake and shoving it in her face.Her eyes widened. "This tastes amazing! 1000 times better than Sunny's and Starflight's they made me for my birthday."

"I'm glad you like it,"Riptide laughed. "I'll have to tell the chefs how good it was."
Riptide stuck a claw in the cake, licking it.He nodded, it was creamy, sweet and moist yet berry-filled and slightly tart.

"So, now that we ate, what are we going to do now?"Tsunami asked, sitting back on the blanket and burping.

"I have a few ideas."Riptide smirked, then grasped her talon, pulling her into the ocean with him.She yelped as water crashed over her head, then splashed him back.

They played in the water for an hour or so, splashing each other and laughing, finding cool rocks or clams under the water; swimming around.Finally Tsunami lay on the wet sand, panting.
Water droplets slid off her scales, the dying sunset reflecting off them.

Riptide laid down beside her, twining his tail with hers. "This was a great date, Tsunami.Thanks for this."he murmured, resting his snout on her neck.

She laughed softly. "Yeah....Thanks for this, Riptide.I'm serious.It was this, or play bingo with Starflight(and the others), and I really didn't want to do that."she wrinkled her snout.

"Well, I'm glad I could save you, Princess."he winked, pecking her snout quickly and then folding his wings around her more comfortably.

"I'm so glad I met you,"Tsunami sighed. "As cheesy as it sounds.
You saved me from a lot of things, and I'm not even sure I know what they are.
You kind of are just amazing."

"Aww, stop it.Don't even get me started on the amount of things you did.I honestly think we're soulmates, how 'bout you?"

"Ehhh, soulmates aren't really my thing."she waved a talon. "Buuuuut, if they were, you'd be mine, for sure."

Riptide smiled, grasping Tsunami's talon. "And you'd be mine,"

"For sure."

A/N: Okay, so this wasn't requested, but I just felt like writing Ripnami. It's quite short, but oh well.