Turtle x Kinkajou(Turtlejou)

Kinkajou leaned up against the building wall, sobbing into her hands.
She didn't usually cry, or even feel sad.
She was always so happy and cheerful.
So this was very difficult for her.

Her rainbow skirt was dirty and caked with mud.Her blonde hair was streaked with the same sticky, dark brown substance.Her eye was swollen shut, and blue and purple.She let out a shuttering breath as the scrape on her leg throbbed.

A picture flashed in her mind.
A tall female and her minions looming over her.The girl's white blonde hair swishing in the wind.Her fist raised up to attack Kinkajou.

Kinkajou whimpered, burying her face deeper into her hands and knees.
The rain didn't cease to live, instead, it poured down on her, drenching her hair, clothes and whole body in its rainy tears.

She glanced up at the sky with her one good eye and let out a sigh. "Oh, what will I do now? Qibli, Winter and Moon are all still at school and Turtle is who knows where!"

She had run away from Viper and her gang after they beat her up.She'd run into some random persons yard and hidden in the back.

She heard the crunching of shoes against stone and flinched, praying that whoever it was wouldn't hear her over the rain.

Kinkajou looked up as a hand was placed gently on her shoulder.
The hand belonged to a teenage boy with green and brown hair and a soft smile.

"Hey, Jou Jou...You alright?"Turtle asked, crouching down beside her.
His eyes bore into hers, sending chills down her back.

"Not really."she mumbled, waving an arm painfully at her face.

He nodded slowly, then wiped some wet hair out of her eyes.He hair was soaked, and he was shivering.

"T-Turtle, you're c-cold.....you should g-go.."Kinkajou whimpered, inching away from him.

"I'm fine Kinkajou.But you are not."
Turtle looked overly sympathetic.Pitying.

Kinkajou didn't want him to pity her.
She wanted him to leave her alone.
Or so she thought.But deep down, did she really want that?

No.She wanted him to wrap her up in his arms and hug away all her problems.She wanted him to kiss her better, and make her feel alright.

She let out a sob, lunging forced to wrap her shaking, skinny arms around his small form.Her tears helped drench his shirt even more.

He held her ever so gently, like she was going to break before his eyes and crumble into a million pieces.
He placed his arms around her and his legs helped support her.

Kinkajou's head rested on his chest, and her breathing calmed.She stopped crying and rubbed her eyes, wincing at the splitting pain.

"Can I take you home, please?"Turtle begged, squeezing her hand ever-so -softly.

"I-I guess..."she replied with a stutter.
She wouldn't call it trauma, but she wouldn't want to ever experience that again.

Turtle set her carefully on the side of the building and stood up, turning and kneeling down. "Get on my back."

Kinkajou gingerly climbed on his back, holding her arms tightly around his neck and her legs around his stomach.
She didn't think he was this strong!

Turtle staggered the first few steps, then finally managed to get moving.
"The closest friends house from her would be Moon's house.That okay?"

"Yeah...That's fine."Kinkajou mumbled, closing her eyes and resting her head on Turtle's shoulder.

Turtle determinedly walked on, not even caring about the puddles he stepped in.His shoes and socks were already soaked.

After about fifteen minutes of struggling, Turtle finally let out a sigh of relief. "There it is.Moon's house."

The familiar white house with black roofing stood a few feet away, the rocky driveway right under Turtle's feet.
Kinkajou smiled lightly as Turtle knocked on the door.

Moon was probably still on school.

The door swished open to reveal a middle aged woman with black hair. "Hello!"she called cheerfully. "What can I do for-"
Her eyes flickered over to Kinkajou's face behind Turtle's shoulder and she gasped. "Yes, yes, come right in."
She ushered Turtle in, a worried look on her face.

Turtle slid Kinkajou onto the couch and went to get a cold, wet cloth.

"I'm Secretkeeper, Moon's mother."Secretkeeper sat down next to Kinkajou, placing her hand on Kinkajou's.

Turtle returned a few minutes later with the cloth and placed it on her head. "You okay now?"

Kinkajou coughed, her throat sore.Her hair dripped onto the wet, making wet spots. "Meh.."

"I'll get you something to eat."Secretkeeper stood up and walked into the kitchen.

Turtle looked down at her. "Don't ever scare me like this again, OK?"

A small smile plastered across her face. "Okay."

Turtle's fingers tapped slowly on the couch cushion and he kept shooting Kinkajou looks.

"What?"Kinkajou rasped after the fourth look.

"I-Umm.."
He cleared his throat, eyes nervously glancing at her lips.
"I was just wondering if...mabye I could- Uhhh- kiss you?"

Kinkajou remained silent, although she was sure her cheeks were as pink as Turtle's.

"I mean- you don't have to if-"

Kinkajou grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to meet her lips.
It hurt as his lips pressed against her swollen ones, but she didn't care.
She just wanted Turtle.

When she pulled back, Turtle looked surprised and pleased.
"I-ummm....Thanks?"

"Thank you, Turtle..."

The door open and Moon, Winter and Qibli entered.

"Kinkajou!?"Moon gasped.

"What on earth happened to you?"