Lynxter 3

"Winter, stop that!"Lynx giggled heartily as Winter flicked her side lightly with his tail, then trotted around in her circles, causing her to spin around and around to keep eye contact with him.

"Hmmm- I don't think I will,"Winter chaffed, snorting in amusement.His wings flapped as he leapt at her, knocking her over and pining her down. "Not until you tell me you love me."

"You already know I love you, you big ice berg,"Lynx gushed, cheeks turning a light shade of blue. "Get off."
She wouldn't admit she enjoyed the cool feeling of his damp scales against hers.

Queen Snowfall wouldn't allow this, surely? She had told her friend about Winter, and the the queen hadn't been very...happy.It could be because do the tiny crush Snowfall had on Lynx, or the fact that Winter wasn't her favourite dragon.But if she banished Winter from the IceWing kingdom, Lynx would go to.She wanted to some day get married to the handsome IceWing, but she wondered if when he proposed to her, Snowfall would allow it.

"Fine."Winter hopped off her, sparing her a grin.He'd changed a lot since he came back from Jade Mountain Academy.He always went on about his friends, the nerdy NightWing, the shy SeaWing, the blabbering RainWing, and the overly charming and all around annoying SandWing.He talked about them all with such affection, it made Lynx's heart melt.

"I love you."Lynx wrinkled her snout, gazing into his beautiful blue eyes.He was so stunning, it made her wonder if she looked as beautiful to him.She had always thought she was pretty, but recently started losing that feeling into a insecure state.

"You are one of the most beautiful dragons I've ever seen, if not the most."Winter reassured her, kissing her softly.She wrapped her wings around his, letting out a soft giggle.

He carried her slowly to their bedroom, placing her on the soft polar bear bed.He cuddled into her side, stifling a grunt as she nosed his neck, placing her snout in the crook of it and letting out a contented sigh.

"I love you, too, Lynx."Winter mumbled.

*** A few months later***

Lynx gazed at her egg, letting out a soft gasp as it wriggled.The beautifully curved white and blue specked egg tipped and shook as the young dragonet inside wailed for release.
Winter shifted beside her, his eyes so full of excitement and adoration.

"Winter, this is it.Today we'll get to see our baby,"Lynx whispered softly. "Our family has begun."she leaned into him, and he nodded lightly, twining her tail with his.

Snowfall wasn't happy when she heard they had an egg.She flew into a silent fit of rage.She'd calmed down soon when Sky comforted her, but she refused to talk to Lynx.A week after Lynx had laid the egg, Winter proposed to her, and Snowfall had allowed them to get married.

Now, as Lynx's gaze flicked between her egg, and her husband, her chest bubbled with warmth and love.She was so looking forward to wrapping her wings around her dragonet and leaning back into Winter.She would finally feel complete.

"I still can't believe how big the egg is,"Winter chuckled huskily. "Moon's egg wasn't even half as big.I can't wait to boast to Qibli the next time I see him."

"Oh, hush.No matter the size of the egg."Lynx giggled, pressing her claw to his muzzle. "I'm sure Moon's egg was perfect the way it was."

"Sure."Winter winked at her, eyes snapping over to the egg as a crack went from the top to the bottom.
It shook violently, and a talon poked out from the side.Then a head burst from the top, a desperate cry slicing the air.

Lynx's breath hitched in her throat as a gorgeous baby blue dragonet slid out onto the ground.It was quite large, and its underbelly sparkled like melting ice.
Its scales seemed to have a snowflake pattern, the pretty markings dotting its face and back.

She held out her talons as the dragonet stumbled toward her, and wet scales collided with a loving chest.Winter bent down to muzzle the baby's face softly.

"We'll call her-"

"L-Lynx!"Winter pointed a shaky claw to the egg.Lynx gazed at it in surprise as another dragon, much, much smaller than its sister, fell onto the ground.His pale white scales and brilliant blue eyes made him look exactly like Winter.He let out a soft wail, and Winter scooped him up in his talons.

Lynx let out a joyous laugh, which then led to her bursting into happy tears.Winter passed her the male dragonet, holding her against him.
She continued to cry for a while, then finally settled down.

"What should we name them?"Lynx wiped her tears away with a claw.

"What about Tempest? For the girl?"Winter suggested.

"I love it.And Solstice for the boy."Lynx nodded.

"Perfect."Winter hummed, holding his family close together.

Lynx had never felt so good in her life.

A/N: There. Hope you enjoyed it! <3

-Leaf/y 💚