Winterwatcher 2

Requested by @Jason5707600

"Moon, don't forget about our study
date tonight."Qibli grinned, waving to Moon as he stood in the doorway of her room.

Early sunlight flooded into the cave through the small window in the back of the room, causing Moon to blink as it reflected off of Qibli's golden bronze scales.

"Sure thing, Qibli."she whispered just loud enough for his to hear, dread weighing down in her stone like a large stone.Qibli had invited her to his cave for studying that night and who was Moon to say no?

If only he didn't like me like that.....

Moon had read it in his mind many a times, how Qibli adored her and thought she was amazing; how he wanted to make her happy.

But Moon just couldn't make herself like him like that.He was like a best friend or brother to her.

She had already fallen for another guy, which she was sure Qibli wouldn't like.

Qibli left just as Kinkajou entered, the RainWing winking at her while saying, "Oooh, you got a daaate, Moon?"

Moon snorted, tossing a bundle of scrolls onto the shelves. "No.Qibli and I are just studying in his cave tonight.As friends."

Kinkajou looked doubtful. "Qibli really likes you, Moon, anyone can see.Why do you keep rejecting him and calling him a 'friend'?"

"Because I don't like him!"Moon shouted, tears springing in her eyes.
"I-I like someone else, o-okay!?"

Kinkajou remained silent for a moment, then hesitantly asked in a shaky voice, "Is-Is it me?"

"No! No, don't worry, I'm straight as a board."Moon shook her head furiously, Kinkajou's shoulders sagging in relief as she let out a sigh.

"It's....Winter..."she mumbled, eyeing the stone floor with interest.

"Oh."Kinkajou squeaked, eyes widening with excitement. "Winter and Moon flying in the sky, getting all
k-i-s-s-y~!"

"Kinkajou, stop it!"Moon blushed furiously, smacking Kinkajou's side with her tail. "It'll break Qibli's heart!"

Kinkajou's face went more serious. "Moon, you can keep leading him on if you don't really like him.Start hanging out more with Winter, that was he realizes himself they you're more into Winter than him."

"But what if he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore?"Moon bit her lip nervously.

"Don't worry,"Kinkajou smiled. "Qibli isn't like that."

- - - - - - - - - -

Moon nervously fiddled with the pouch around her neck, standing by the curtain of Qibli's, Winter's and Turtle's cave.She stifled a squeak as Qibli whipped it open, a large smile on his face.

"Come on in, Moon! Ready to study?"
Qibli gushed, ushering her into the cave.She stumbled in after him, face pale.

"Umm- yeah! Of course, always."Moon laughed awkwardly, sitting down across from Qibli and spreading out her scrolls.

"Where's Winter, by the way?"she asked smoothly, glancing around the room and finding his ledge empty, all except for a scroll that was half tucked under his polar bear blanket.

"He's out with Turtle and Kinkajou.Said he'd be back soon."
Qibli shrugged, opening a scroll and scanning the pages.

"Oh...Okay."Moon also grasped on, named 'The Legend Of Darkstalker' and shivered, tossing the scroll away.

"What was that?"Qibli glanced up, looked and the scroll and nodded, returning to his scroll.

Moon grasped another one and began to read, not even listening when Qibli began talking to her.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Thanks for studying with me, Moon."Qibli smiled, grasping her talon with his.

Moon forced a smile, nodding. "Of course! It was fun."she lied.

Just then Winter walked into the cave, eyes flicking down to Moon's and Qibli's interlocked talons.His eyes blazed and as he whirled around, storming back out of the cave as quickly as he had entered.

"Winter, wait! It's not what it looks like!"Moom wailed, wrenching her talons away from Qibli, who gave her a wounded look.

"Isn't it, Moon? I thought you loved me!? I love you!"Qibli frowned.

"I-I'm sorry...I don't like you like that!"Moon blurted, rushing out of the cave with tears in her eyes.

She followed Winter's icy trail, leading outside and up the mountain stairs.She  tripped on a rock, and felt cold wings catch her before she fell.

Winter's cold body pressed against hers as he lifted her safely onto a platform.
He then stood, watching her with cold eyes. "What do you want?"

"I don't like Qibli!"Moon snapped, then dipped her head apologetically at her harsh tone.

"I know that,"Winter whispered, averting their eyes. "you love him."

"No! I don't love him or live him! I love you!"Moon cried, tears streaming down her cheeks like a waterfall as she stumbled into him, throwing her wings and arms around his neck.

Winter looked stunned for a moment, then returned the hug, pressing his snout against hers. "I love you, too, Moon.."he mumbled.

"But what about Qibli?"he then added quietly.

"What about Qibli? He'll find someone else, I'm sure of it."Moon smiled against him.

"Now shut up and hug me."