Turtlejou 2

Turtle paced anxiously in his friend's dorm-room, claw making a shrill screeching noise against the stone.
He sucked in a tight breath as two figures appeared, but relaxed when he saw they were only his two best friends.

"Winter, Qibli."he nodded in greeting, a shy smile on his soft face.He bumped fists lightly with Qibli and gave Winter a friendly smile.

"Hey, Buddy!"Qibli beamed, flapping his wings in excitement.His grin only widened when he saw Winter glaring at him. "How are you?"

"Not bad,"Turtle shrugged. "But I'm having problems with....girls."he sighed, gazing at his talons before raising his head to stare into Qibli's eery black eyes.

"Then you've came to the right place!"Qibli cheered, clapping his talons in delight. "Right, Winter?"he sent his clawmate a smirk.

"Uh-huh...Turtle, if I were you, I'd leave before Qibli has you stuck in a big pile of shit that you can't undo.He's a worse wing-dragon than me."
Winter's snout wrinkled and he straightened his posture.

"He's just grumpy.Turtle, I figured out how to make 'this-grumpy-IceWing' fall for me, I think I can do anything at this point."Qibli sent him a reassuring blink.

"Fine....How do I tell Kinkajou I want to take her to the dance? And what if she doesn't like me?"Turtle blushed lightly, scuffing his claws against the ground.

"Kinkajou? Eazy breezy lemon squeezy!"Qibli grinned, his dark eyes twinkling with mischief.

"What's a lemon?"Winter blurted, confusion shimmering in his beautiful blue eyes.He shifted his talons, waiting for a response.

"Ummm- I think it's a fruit?"Qibli offered, unsure. "Doesn't matter! We've got a girl to win over.Come on, Turt, let's go!"

Qibli darted out of the room, Winter right behind him, and Turtle had no choice but to follow.

***

"I told you, Kinkajou, I'm not going to the dance.I don't have anyone to go with!"Moon laughed lightly, aware of Kinkajou begging her to go.

"Pleeeeease! I can't go without my bestie!"Kinkajou whined. "I'll help you find a date, I promise!"

"How? And who are you even going with?"Moon blinked curiously, folding her wings in close to her sides.

"Well, I haven't been asked by anyone yet, but I'm sure I will! I'm so amazing, I bet by tonight everyone will be lining up at our doorstep."Kinkajou waved a talon at her face, trying to act fancy.

"Anyways, can't you ask Qibli?"
Kinkajou tilted her head.

"Winter is taking him, otherwise I probably would've."Moon frowned.
She still hadn't fully gotten over the whole 'Qinter' thing.

"Mabye you can be a third wheel? I'd absolutely love to third wheel QINTER! Yeah, that would be amazing.So awkward and adorable."Kinkajou smiled dreamily.

"You really want me to third wheel my crushes? No thanks."Moon wrinkled her nose.

"Yeah, sorry, Moon.Let me think...You could take...Turtle?"Kinkajou forced a smile on her face, but her claw twitched slightly.

"Nah, I think he already has plans to take someone,"Moon giggled.

Kinkajou's eyes widened. "He does? Oh- it better not be that fiery-pants Peril.I hate the way she looks at Turtle."

"I'm pretty sure it's not Peril."Moon reassured her.

"Good.Oh, hey, what about Carnelian? She's really lonely, and your personalities fix perfectly!"Kinkajou pointed to the brooding red SkyWing who was sitting across the room chewing on an elk leg.

"Carnelian? Well, I suppose she is an option,"Moon mumbled. "But she's never showed any interest in me, nor girls in general."

"But you think she's cute?"

"Sure."Moon blushed lightly.

"GREAT! Go ask her to the dance."Kinkajou shoved Moon towards her, and Carnelian raised her head and locked eyes with Moon.

"Kinkajou!"Qibli's friendly roar echoed through the prey-center as Qinter and Turtle entered, hurrying over to her.

"Hey, guys! What's up?!"Kinkajou beamed, high-fiving Qibli, giving Winter a huge hug --which he didn't like at all -- and wrapping Turtle up in her wings.

"Turtle has a quick question for you."Qibli said, nudging the SeaWing's side.

"Sure!"Kinkajou chirped, turning her full attention to Turtle. "What is it?"

"Oh- ummm....I-I was wondering if mabye....you...uhhh.. wanted to go to the err- dance? With me.Like- together? It's fine if you don't though! I totally understand if you're already going with someone, but-"

"Of course I'll go with you, Turtle! I was just waiting for you to ask."Kinkajou smiled brightly, hugging him again.

Winter and Qibli shared a look, before sneaking off to do schoolwork(or more accurately, make out..*wink wink*).

"I can't wait for tomorrow."Kinkajou smiled against Turtle's neck.

"Me either."