Guava x Melon(Lakecloud's Ocs)

Guava yawned, stretching in her hammock.Why was she so tired?
She didn't feel like doing anything.

She shifted, the hammock swaying slowly.It made her even sleepier.

"Guava?"a male voice called.

Guava didn't reply, because she was nearly asleep.

"Guava!?"it called again, a bit louder.

Then Guava fell out of her hammock, landing on someone's talons.She let out a startled gasp, and breathed in the scent of Melon.

She quickly sat up. "Melon!?"

Melon grinned at her, his green scales flashing to a light pink then back to green. "Hey, Sleepyhead."

Guava rolled her eyes, nudging his wing with hers. "What's up?"

"Want to enjoy sun time with me?"Melon smiled, then added quickly,"Well, you don't have to."

"No, I'd like to.But we still have a little bit."Guava glanced up at the sleeping platforms.They were still empty.

"Let's go get something to eat?"Melon suggested.

"Sure.I'm hungry."Guava took his talon in here, leading him to the fruit stands.

They stood there for about ten minutes trying to decide what Melon wanted.

"Peach? No, grapes! No, mangoes! No, for sure a pineapple....but look at that juicy pear..."Melon mumbled, reaching his hand toward all the fruits, then snatching it back.

"Pick for me, Guava."he whined.

"Fine."she snorted playfully, having already picked hers out.
She grabbed a dragonfruit and handed it to him.

"What's this?"he blinked at the wild purple fruit.

"Dragon fruit."Guava explained, flapping her wings, flying up to the platforms.

Melon landed beside her, juice dripping from his muzzle.
"This is so good!"

Guava lifted her guava and chomped into it.Juice splattered all over the platform, causing an already dozing RainWing to wake up and glare at her.
Guava sent him an apologetic look.

Once they finished their food, both dragons curled up together to sleep.

"I love sun time..."Melon mumbled, his wing draped over Guava's back.

Guava only grunted in agreement.

- - - - - -

Guava woke, sitting up and blinking sleepily.

"Melon?"she looked around.He was gone.

"Melon!?"she flapped her wings, hovering above the platform.

She glanced around worriedly.

"Melon!?"she screeched.

No response.

This wasn't like him! He would've woke her and told her when he was going.

Panicking, Guava soared down to the forest floor, staring up at the trees and then down at the dirt.

She sighed as she saw talonprints.
"He came this way."

She lowered her nose to the ground, sniffing.His scent was faint.
But, it was still there.

She followed a trail leading toward a waterfall, and blinked in confusion.
His scent seemed to go through the waterfall.

Pushing a talon hesitantly through the water, she felt air on the other side.
She leapt through it with sudden confidence, and shook her head to clear the water off.

The cave she was in was dark and musky, smelling of decaying animal and wet, moldy moss.

"Melon?"she whispered, flinching as the sound of claws scraping stone echoed around the cave.

"Guava?"Melon's surprised voice drifted from just outside the waterfall.

If he was outside....then who was inside!?

Alarmed, Guava whipped around and raced for the waterfall, pushing off the stone ground with her back legs.
She hurled herself out of the cave, slamming into warm, green scales.

"Melon!"she gasped, immediately melting into his embrace.
Her eyes were wide as she wrapped her wings around him and twined her tail with his.

He ushered her away from the cave. "What's wrong!?"

"I woke up and you weren't there so I followed your scent into that cave and there was a creepy sound like claws scraping the wall and I thought it was you so I called out but you were outside so I screamed because I was wondering what was IN there!"Guava rushed fearfully.

"That was probably just the bats."Melon shrugged it away, hugging Guava close to his chest.

"Thank you."Guava grinned, snout turning a dark shade of pink.

"For?"Melon chuckled.

"Lots of things."Guava mumbled.

"Alright.You're welcome."Melon sent her a cute smile that warmed her heart.

Hugging him tighter, Guava whispered, "I love you."

"Me, too,"Melon squeezed her talon. "I love you, too."