Cricket x Blue(Blicket)

Cricket would admit something.

She didn't think she'd ever fall in love with a SilkWing — especially not Blue.

But she was glad she did.

Blue wasn't like all the others.
He was so kind and gentle, it immediately warmed her heart.

She loved when he sat beside and told her everything would be fine; good; wonderful.

Now she couldn't imagine NOT meeting Blue.

Now, as she stared at the forest floor, dreaming about Blue, she felt herself trip.She was lost without her Blue.

She slipped, sliding down a hill and laying still at the bottom.
The shade of a pink blossoming tree protected her from the blazing sun.

She didn't know where she was.

"Cricket!?"Blue's scared voice drifted from above her. "Are you alright!?"

Cricket opened her eyes and glanced up to see Blue staring worriedly down at her. He held out a talon, and she took it, rising up from the ground.

"I'm alright,"She nodded. "Just wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"I can see that."
he rolled his eyes in a soft, playful way.
In a way that warmed Cricket's heart.

She felt him lean on her, and she let out a gentle sigh.

These were the times she enjoyed most.
Just hanging out with the love of her life.

"I was worried,"Blue murmured.
"When I didn't see you at home.How'd you get all the way out here?"

"Where is here?"Cricket blinked.
She'd just been walking absently, thinking about life — and Blue, of course.

"I'm not sure.It's some sort of almost-desert, I believe."Blue hummed, glancing around.

It was very dry.The ground was cracked and sandy.It sun was scorching hot.But, there were pink blossom trees, which grew wonderfully.Cricket was confused.

"How do these trees grow so well in this heat?"she questioned herself quietly.

"They must thrive in hot, dry weather."Blue examined the bark, finding it prickly and crusty.

"They smell wonderful."Cricket breathed in the sweet scent of the blossoms.

"We should be getting back home though."Blue stood up.

"Probably."Cricket nodded.

"Well, I did promise Moon I'd stop by her hut."Cricket added. "You should come."

"Alright."Blue flapped his wings, launching into the air.

Cricket followed, flying toward Moon's home.

|~|Some Time Later|~|

Cricket landed heavily on the ground in the Rainforest, enjoying the forest smells and sights.

She knocked on the door with her talon, waiting for a response.

Blue landed behind her, stepping up beside her with his gentle, harmless face on.

No one answered, so Cricket decided she'd enter.

Cricket opened the door cautiously, stepping inside slowly.
She gazed around.
She gasped.

Everywhere she looked things were fallen over and toppled on their sides.
Food lay across the floor; books scattered everywhere; cabinet doors open.

"What in Pantala happened here..."Blue breathed, eyes wide.

"I haven't a clue!"Cricket yelped, then shushed Blue before he could say something.

"Do you hear that?"she whispered.

A muffled whimpering was coming from a closed door in Moon's house, which sounded like....

"Moon!"Cricket screeched, whipping open the closet door to reveal a black and green NightWing tied up and laying on the floor.

Blue helped untie Moon and she gasped for air.

"I-I-"she stuttered, barely able to breath.Tears streamed down her face.

"What happened!? Are you alright!?"Cricket's eyes were wide with worry.

"Perfect!"Glory clapped her talons together, un-camouflaging herself and stepping over to them.

Moon immediately stopped crying, a grin spreading across her face.
She wiped away the tears, standing up.

Blue shook his wings. "For knowing what was happening, that was very scary."

They were helping Glory make a movie.
Moon was a side character, the victim,
Cricket was the best friend/detective and Blue was her loyal sidekick.

It was her dream to have a important/star role in a movie/act.
She loved acting and found it quite interesting.

She had somehow convinced Blue to join, despite his usual shyness.

"It was great!"director Glory nodded.
"Except for one thing."

"What?"Cricket gulped, seeing as Glory was staring directly at her.

"Blue needs more confidence."she turned to the SilkWing. "I found you were not determined and confident when you were un-tying(?) Moon."

Cricket squeezed Blue's talon. "You did great."she whispered encouragingly.

Blue sent her a weak smile. "I'll try, Glory.I promise."

"Thank you.Take a small break before we start again."Glory dipped her head to a yellow and orange RainWing, who carried Glory's bags out of the hut.

Moon dipped her head politely, slipping past Cricket and Blue and disappearing outside with Glory and the others.

Blue sighed, suddenly deflating.
"I knew I shouldn't of joined this movie."

"Why?"Cricket growled, squeezing Blue's talons sharply.

He winced, gently removing his talons from hers. "I'm not the right dragon for the job."he mumbled.

"Blue."Cricket forced him to face her, seriousness written all over her face.
"I mean this in the nicest way possible,"

"Shut up."she grinned slightly.

Blue's eyes widened ever so slightly.
"But-"

"No! Shhhh....Just close your eyes and relax."Cricket whispered.

Blue obeyed, closing his eyes and shifting his wings.

"Now,"Cricket instructed, trying desperately to think of something on the spot. "Uh- Imagine yourself standing on a stage in the forest with dragons cheering your name.Me beside you, also cheering your name. 'Blue! Blue! Blue! Blue!' Everyone saying you're the star of the show, and how amazing you did as your role as sidekick!"
Cricket closed her eyes, too, imagining screaming her boyfriends name.

Blue smiled softly. "That does sound kind of nice...."

"That's what will happen if you just put on your boss face!"Cricket said, as Blue opened his eyes.

"But how? I don't have a boss face!"he protested.

"Just pretend I'm going to die if you don't."Cricket smiled.

"How do you smile while saying that!?"Blue exclaimed.

"Hush."

Blue sent her an irritated look.
"What?"

She leaned closer to him.

Their snouts were mere inches apart.

Cricket's nose bumped his.

"Boop." she grinned.

"Take two!"Glory shouted from outside.

Cricket whirled around and raced outside.

Blue stood there in shock, a deep red shade across his snout.