Moonbli 3

Idk why this deserves a third one. (Jk)

-
Qibli walked beside Winter into the prey center, yawning.The coldness beside him disappeared, and he looked to see his best friend hurrying over to see Lilywhite, a new IceWing-SeaWing hybrid he'd met.

Qibli's eyes went directly to Moon, Turtle and Kinkajou.He hurried over to them, plopping down beside Moon and grasping a goat in his talons as if raced by, eyes wide with terror. "Hey pals! How are you?"

"Terrible,"Moon groaned, at the same time as Kinkajou exclaimed, "Awesome!"

Qibli's eyes lit up in amusement as he bit into the goat. "How so, Moon? And Kinkajou."

Kinkajou beamed. "Well, Turtle and I are going on our first date today, Lilywhite and Winter are closer than ever and Moon is giving a speech to our whole school this afternoon!"

Moon slumped against the ground. "That's just it, Kinkajou.I don't want to do the speech!"

"But you really wanted to!"Kinkajou protested. "When Sunny proposed it, you went crazy!"

"Yeah, but that was until I realized that it was in front of....the whole school."Moon sighed heavily.
"I seriously don't know what I get myself into sometimes."

"Don't worry, Moon,"Qibli grinned, patting her talon with his. "I'll help you defeat your stage fright!"

"In one day? Less than, now."Moon looked doubtful. "Look, no none knows about it yet, so I'll just talk to Sunny and get her to cancel-"

"Hey, Moon!"a shrill, fake, overly excited voice singsonged.A gorgeous SandWing strutted over, Viper, Flame and the rest of her posse trailing along behind her. "I heard you're saying a speech in front of the school today! How amazing."she thrilled, draping a wing over Moon's back and tossing her head dramatically.

Moon shrunk away from her. "Yes, Daffodil, I am."she whispered, gazing at Qibli with scared eyes.

"If I were you, I'd be terrified! Crowds are tough, but school crowds are even worse! I don't know how you'll manage it! But, you are the great and amazing Moon, so I'm sure you can handle it.Oh- but what about the Principal? Tsunami is extremely hard to please, how will you manage to pull that off, hmm?"Daffodil titled her head, eyes innocent and round. Viper snorted, nudging Flame sharply.

"W-wait, Tsunami will be there?"Moon shivered, voice trembly.Daffodil's
words were obviously getting to her.

Qibli stepped forward, pulling Moon away. "Daffodil, back off."
He shoved her backward, her startled grunt making Qibli grin.

Moon sighed. "It's fine, Qibli, real-"

"What I'm Darkstalker's name are you doing to Moon?"Winter snapped coldly, materializing beside Qibli.His claws sunk into the ground and his voice was full of menace.

"N-nothing!"Daffodil spat, cowering at the sight of Winter. "I was just talking to her about her speech, s'all!"

Qibli and Moon shared a look, but remained silent.

"Well, back off."Winter took a step toward her, and she fell backwards into Flame, who hissed in annoyance and backed up into Viper, and so forth.

"Right away!"Daffodil mumbled, ducking her head and hurrying out of the prey center, her posse not far behind.

"Winter, you really need to stop threatening people for me,"Moon giggled, bopping his frosty nose with her wing. "Especially now that you have a extremely close friend named Lilywhite."

Winter coughed, glancing at the IceWing, who pretended not to hear, cheeks dusting a light blue.
"Moon, I'm only being a good friend."

"Qibli can protect me,"Moon soothed, smile growing on her snout. "Right, Qibby?"

"Yup.I may not be intimidating, mean or frosty like Winter, but I am charming, smart and....kinda scary?"
Qibli grinned.

"Do you ever not grin, you idiotic Sand-faced dragon?"Winter scoffed, glaring at Qibli

"Do you ever not scowl, you glamorous, cold, spiky, icicle-faced dragon?"Qibli retorted playfully, smirking.

Winter huffed. "You are too difficult.Come, Lilywhite, before he kills us with his, so called 'charm'."
The two stalked away, heads high.

"Moon, come with me to my cave to practice for your speech!"Qibli called, running out of the prey-center.

------

"I, Moonwatcher, am a student that attends Jade Mountain Academy, the best school ever,"Moon lifted her chin, eyes determined.The crowd before her watched with interested, gleaming gazes. "I want only the best for us all, and therefore I give thee a speech...."
She continued to tell her speech, and once she'd finished, took a bow.

Everyone cheered, but Qibli cheered the loudest. "Yay, Moon!"

Moon stepped of the stage and raced over to see Qibli, smiling widely.
She wrapped him in her wings, beaming. "Thank you so, so much."

"Anything for you, love."he didn't even notice there slip, talons grasping hers tightly.

Moon's eyes went wide. "W-what?"

"What? OH- sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, no! It's fine...I'm glad, actually,"Moon smiled shyly up at him, gaze so intense Qibli thought he'd be obliterated. "Because I like you.A lot."

"You- really? That's amazing! Because I do, too."he chuckled, bopping her nose lightly.

"Yo, stop that nasty stuff and get a room."some dragon hissed, shoving Qibli's wing harshly.

He rolled his eyes, holding Moon tighter. "Don't listen to him."

"Oh, I won't, Qibby, I won't."

A/N: Ugh- i have no words. :)

Partial credit to my IRL sister, who helped with some of this.
Ily sis! 💖

-Leaf/y 💚