Qibli x Moon (Moonbli)

Why!?!?!! I did not enjoy writing this.

- - - - - - - - -

Moon shivered, running a claw across the scroll in front of her.
The torch beside her flickered, threatening to go out completely.

"Darkstalker."She whispered, staring at the words.His name sent shivers down her spine; made her forehead sweat.

"He's gone now, though.We're all safe now."Moon whispered, rolling up the scroll and shoving it into her bag.

It didn't matter how many times Moon said those words, she always came back to thinking about it.
She wasn't always like this, just recently.

She'd been having nightmares of Peacemaker growing huge, mean and destroying everything. She feared the spell Kinkajou put on him would fail.

But, when she was afraid, or scared or nervous, or just upset, she'd seek out Qibli.He always calmed her down and soothed her with his soft, caring voice.
He'd stroke her side with his wing, hold her talons in his.Tell her she'd be okay.

And that meant everything to Moon.

But now, she was in a small cave.
She didn't know how to get out.
She didn't know how she got there.
Only the light of the torch to guide her.

She carried her scrolls everywhere.
Even the Darkstalker scroll, which probably wasn't a smart idea.
All in a bag made of camel skin.

She glanced upward, finding no light or way out.She scraped the stone floor with a claw, wincing at the sharp sound.

"Oh, Qibli,"She mumbled, picking up the torch and starting in a different direction. "where are you when I need you?"

She continued down the dreary path, the walls of stone on either side of her getting closer and closer.
She wasn't claustrophobic, which was good, but she didn't like being in small, cramped spaces.

She liked being able to spread out her wings and fly.Breath in fresh, glorious air.

She closed her eyes, feeling more alone than ever before. "Help me...someone..."

There were soft footsteps, and Moon opened her eyes to see a scavenger standing in front of her, its face showing no kind of emotion.

"Who are you?"Moon whispered softly, not expecting an answer, but thinking it to be polite.

"I am, Sailor."The scavenger replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

Moon's eyes widened. "You speak dragon?"She'd only heard of one other human who spoke dragon.

"You want out of here,"He tilted his head, ignoring her question.
"correct?"

"Yes, please."Moon nodded, shifting her talons. "As soon as possible."

"Come, then."The scavenger turned on his heels, hurrying down the path.
Moon followed quickly.

As they neared a fork in the path, the scavenger took off down the left one.

"Do you know if that's the right one!?"Moon glanced around.

There was no reply.

So Moon followed the small creature, sticking close to him.

And soon, Moon saw light at the end of the passage way. "Oh my moons, thank you, Sailor!"Moon burst, as she leapt out into the air, warmth immediately seeping into her scales.

But Sailor was gone.Left without a trace.

Moon gazed around, trying to figure out where she was. "Rainforest! Qibli might be out collecting food!"

She took off into the thickness, dodging vines before she got tangled up.
She leapt over a small puddle, flew swiftly over a swampy area and finally got into the deepest part, close to the village.

"Qibli?"Moon called, walking forward a stream.She thought mabye Qibli would be fishing? Though he doesn't really like fish.

She saw a blue and yellow RainWing sitting by the river, dipping its talons in the water.

"Hello! Have you seen a SandWing nearby?"Moon walked up to stand beside the dragon.

"Yes! Indeed I have."The dragon said with a smile, pulling her dripping wet talons out of the water. "He walked past here a moment ago.Waved to me."

"Thank you!"Moon called over her shoulder, already rushing in the direction the RainWing was talking about.

Within seconds, Moon spotted golden scales flashing through the forest.She bounded up behind him as he leaned over to pick up a dead boar.

She knocked into his back, splashing her wings out and wrapping her arms around his mid-section. "Qibli!"

Qibli dropped the boar, turning his head to smile warmly at the NightWing. "Moon! How are you? Where were you?"

Moon moved so they could face each other. "I'm okay.I was trapped in this cave and a scavenger who spoke dragon helped me out!"She breathed hard, resting her head on his warm chest.

He grasped her talons. "Are you alright?!"There was slight panic in his voice, but Moon knew he was sure she was alright.

"Yes,"She smiled, squeezing his talons. "I'm fine, now that you're here."

Qibli carefully twined his tail with hers, tucking his tail barb in as safely as possible. "I just managed to catch some food, would you like some?"
He nodded his head to the lumpy brown boar laying a few feet away.

"Yes, please,"Moon's stomach rumbled. "But not right now.Right now, I want love."She closed her eyes, savouring every moment she spent with Qibli.

She loved the warm feeling of his scales pressed against hers. She loved when he whispered comforting words in her ears.She loved him just being there.

"Qibli,"She opened her eyes, gazing into his. "Next time, you can come with me when I go on a walk.Alright?"

He sent her a wink. "Okay, that sounds like a good idea."

Moon broke away from him, although her heart screamed for her to walk right back and wrap Qibli up in her wings forever.She lifted the boar with her claws, taking a bite.

"This is really good!"She gasped, licking her muzzle as she swallowed.
It was so tender and juicy, yet flavourful and chewy.

"Let me try."Qibli reached over to take a chunk, popping it in his mouth. "It is! Although the goat you caught yesterday beats it for sure."

She knew he was just saying that to make her feel good.This boar was delicious. Her goat she caught the other day had been okay, but nothing compared to this.

"Oh, Qibli."Moon rolled her eyes, suddenly tackling the SandWing.
She hugged him close to her body, sighing. "You're so amazing.How'd I ever do anything to deserve you?"

"I don't think you had to do anything to deserve me.I was the one who didn't deserve you."Qibli looked quite serious.

"No.I don't get what you see in me."Moon frowned, twining their tails again.

"Moon, stop that.You're beautiful, caring, thoughtful and an amazing dragon.I'm lucky to have you."Qibli squeezed her talons softly. "Don't ever doubt that."

"Okay..."Moon smiled softly.

"Oh, Qibli....I love you so much.."

"I love you, too, Moon."

-

A/N: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY? WHY TORTURE ME!?