Moonelian 2

TW: (Mentions of) !Suicide!

(Btw, I kinda just really into writing this, so it's probably just all boring stuff and barely any Moonelian.Oh well, there's some Qinter and Nightlight in it :3

Moon's chest rattled as she left out a hoarse cough, her throat on fire.
She'd fallen drastically ill all of a sudden, and was bedridden.The most annoying part had to be Carnelian tending to her, plus taking full care of their daughter, Nightshade.

Carnelian had gotten a RainWing doctor to visit, but he had had no diagnose, or cure.He said they'd just have to wait it out and hope for the best, which to Moon sounded like doom.

But Nightshade kept visiting her every morning in her room, whispering to her in the dark, saying she'd be alright.
And who was Moon to not smile?

Moon was startled from her thoughts when the door creaked open slowly, and a beam of light flooded in.Glorious, wonderful light.Ever since Moon got sick, she wasn't aloud to have light, for it would hurt her eyes, said the doctor.

"Nightshade? Is that you?"Moon asked, worry lacing her tone as she gazed at her daughter.Nightshade inched into the room, her movements slow and sad.As she reached her mother, she collapsed in her wings, letting out sobs.
Once she'd calmed down, Moon asked her what as wrong, and her reply made Moon's blood freeze.

"A messenger from queen Glory came and told me that Carnelian committed sucide..."she sobbed, wiping her eyes with a claw roughly, tearing away a scale or two. "Is it true?"

"I-I'm not sure..."Moon stammered, terror and grief overwhelming her.Surely she hadn't? Was it because she wasn't (mentally) able to look at her supposedly dying wife?

"Did they find the body?"Moon rasped, lurching out of bed.Every step made her legs wobble; every breath made her lungs ache, but she moved herself all the way to the front door, aware of her six year old dragonet trailing closely behind her.

"I'm not sure,"Nightshade frowned, her eyes now red from crying.Moon hadn't noticed till now, that she too, was crying. "The messenger only told me...about Carnelian....But how would they know unless they found her body?"

"We must go to the Rain Forest at once."Moon declared, causing Nightshade to gasp, flying to block her mother from opening the front door.

"No! You'll hurt your eyes, and yourself! You must stay in bed and rest."she stated firmly. "I'll go and see if I can find Carnelian."Moon noticed how she didn't say Carnelian's body, and winced.

"You can't go alone,"Moon growled protectively. "It could be dangerous!"
She moved to shove her daughter aside --not harshly, but was surprised when Nightshade rooted herself to the spot, digging her claws into the floor.

"No."she snapped, voice so strong and commanding, Moon froze, eyes locking with her daughters. "I won't let you go.I'm going to a place full of 'lazy' RainWings, I'll be fine! If it makes you feel better, I'll take Twilight.I'm sure Qibli and Winter will want to come, also."

Moon sighed, reluctantly nodding. "Fine.But stick with them, and don't fly off on your own.Now I'm heading back to bed.."she groaned, clutching her head and staggering back to bed without another word.

"Bye...mother..."Nightshade mumbled, watching Moon's tail disappear into the bedroom, the door shutting loudly, echoing off the thin walls.

***

Nightshade flapped her wings, her back and spine screaming in protest.Her legs dangled uselessly underneath her, and rain soaked her scales, pouring down on her angrily.

Just a little farther, wings! Come on!

She sighed in relief as Qibli and Winter's hut came into view, and she tucked in her wings, diving down to the ground.As she landed, her talons sunk into the soft, rain-soaked earth, and she winced, lifting a talon to gently rap the door.