Moonbli 2

"Qibli?"Moon's shaky voice spoke as she stumbled through the woods.She slipped and slid all over the place, letting out cries of pain as she slammed into the ground.

Roots tried to trio her, thorns scraped her scales, branches poked her face, tears streamed down her cheeks and her eyes were fixed on the ground.

"Qibli! Where are you!?"

She flapped her wings, falling onto the ground and staying still.

"I need you....."

She felt his vision growing dimmer, and suddenly the bright pain in her chest returned.She clutched her heart with her talons, wanting to tear out flesh.The pain was extraordinary, and like none Moon had ever felt before.

As black shadows encased her mind, she let out a screech, hoping when she awoke, Qibli would be there.

Then everything went black, and Moon began unconscious.

|#||##|#|#|#|#||#|#|##|#|#|#||##|#||#|#|#|#|#|#||#|#|##||##|#|#|#|

"Will she be okay?"Qibli's pained voice asked, watching Moon wriggling on the moss bed in the RainWing medical room.

Her face was contorted in a look of terror, agony and longing. She kept mumbling the words, "Qibli.." under her breath, but the doctors refused to let Qibli any closer.

"She probably has rabies,"one had said.

"She might hurt you, she's not 100% there,"said another.

But they didn't know Moon like Qibli did.

He knew she would never hurt him.
At least not on purpose.

Winter, Kinkajou and Turtle paced outside the hut, only one visitor aloud at a time.

Qibli felt guilty.Moon would want Winter beside her.She probably was only whispering 'Qibli' because she wanted him to get Winter for her.

But as Qibli got up to let the frosty dragon in, Moon yelped, pouncing forward and wrapping her whole body around Qibli's talons.

She was shaking wildly, eyes swollen shut. "Q-Qibli- don't leave me here....Not with them- not with them!"she shrieked.

Qibli's blood ran cold. What had the nurses done to Moon?

"Moon!? What's wrong!? What's going on?!"he clutched her close to him.

She began shaking tremendously, her mouth snapping open and closed.Her chest began to turn a dark bluish colour, and blood leaked out of her nostrils.

"Qibli! What's happening to meee..."she mumbled, grasping and tearing at her chest.

"I-I don't know! Moon, calm down!"Qibli's heart was racing.

He let out a sob as he watched the love of his life dying before him.

And there was nothing he could do.

"Dr.Vine!? Moon needs help!"Qibli called.

A handsome green RainWing dashed into the room, a distressed look of his face.He took one glance at Moon and his face fell. "She's done for,"he shook his head. "There is nothing we can do for her."

"There must be!"Qibli roared, gingerly setting down her head to glare defiantly at the 'doctor'. "Fix her! I demand you do!"

Dr.Vine shook his head. "Sorry, I can't.You just leave now before she passes on-"

"No! She's the love of my life! I won't let her die alone with you!"Qibli pressed the sad NightWing against his chest, rocking back and forth and humming a soothing tune.

Moon's snout parted in a half smile before she muttered, "T-Thank you, lovely Qibli."and her head dropped limp.

Dead.

Moon was dead.

My Moon was dead.

Qibli closed his eyes tight, feeling his hand let go of the NightWing and her body drop silently on the ground.

Defeated.

Qibli was defeated.

Without Moon, he was no one.

She was the light to his day.

The Moon to his galaxy.

The love of his life.

The girl of his dreams.

And all that corny stuff.

Qibli kneeled over beside Moonwatcher and pressed a sad, passionate kiss to her cheek.

"I love you.I always will.I'll never forget you."