Qibli x Serene|OC| (Sebli?)

Serene is @Toxic-Rain 's oc, who I will be writing a one-shot for with Qibli!
I hope you enjoy!

-

Dearest Serene,
It is I, Moon! I've sent you this letter to invite you to Jade Mountain Academy! I've already gotten permission from Principal Tsunami, and they are more than happy for you to visit us.I think you will like it here, and my friends are excited to meet you.I am not forcing you to stay, but can you at least visit? It's been so long since I've seen you!
Sincerely, Moonwatcher NightWing.

Serene smiled lightly, running a black claw over the scroll.She rolled it up and stuffed it in her sack.She tightened the sack over her shoulder, posing to leap into the air.She flapped her black and azure wings, hovering above the ground. "This is it.I'm going to Jade Mountain."she started the four hour flight, a tiny smile never leaving her snout.

She flew, stopping for a break every half hour.She wasn't the fastest flyer, due to her smaller wings, but she would get there before dark.She enjoyed nature, and loved flying, especially with other dragons.Only close friends though.She could be a bit...hostile..to strangers, but was nice once you got to know her.

When she landed on the mountain and went to enter, a timid NightWing and a quiet SeaWing approached her.
She waved, immediately noticing Moon.She didn't recognize the SeaWing, and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Moon, who's this? I assume one of your friends, no?"Serene folded her wings in close to her sides, her black eyes looking the male up and down.
He shyly extended his talon, and she reluctantly shook it.

"Yes, this is Turtle! He's one of my closest friends."Moon explained. "Turtle, this is Serene, who I was telling you about."

"HIIII, SERENE! I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT YOU!"Kinkajou boomed, clomping towards them, her scales a bright neon yellow and pink.
Serene shielded her eyes with a talon, letting out a screech.

Kinkajou paused in front of the hybrid, extending her talon and shaking Serene's talon rapidly. "It's so nice to finally meet you! I'm Kinkajou.The scarred SandWing behind me is Qibli, and the grumpy IceWing is Winter."she jabbed a claw behind her to where two male dragonets had appeared.

"Woah, Moon, I'm surprised you have so many friends,"Serene nodded politely to them both.

"They're my Winglet, so I kind of have to be friends with them,"Moon joked lightly, a giggle escaping her throat.

Serene looked over the IceWing, who was standing rigid beside Moon.His icy blue eyes were hard as he gazed at Serene, posture straight and wings folded perfectly.IceWings....I'll never understand them.

"I'm a Prince, by the way,"Winter huffed haughtily. "Nephew of Queen Glacier.Oh, and I'm also Moon's bodyguard and boyfriend, so don't touch her."he added, Moon rolling her eyes.

Qibli grinned at her, energetic vibes flowing off him. "I'm Qibli, but you knew that! I'm Moon's friend, oh- you also knew that! Haha! I'm the jokester of the group, and I give great hugs.Your scales are really cool!"

Serene felt her face get hot, but rubbed her talon over her muzzle to stop it. "Gee, thanks.Your scales are cool, too.And I like your scar.Very scary."

Kinkajou and Turtle excused themselves to get something to eat, and it was only the four of them.

"So are you planning on staying here?"Winter squinted at her, draping his wing loosely over Moon's back.

"I'm not sure.I'll get someone to show me around, then I want talk to the Principal.It seems nice here, but it might not be the place for me."Serene shrugged.

"I'll show you around."Qibli blurted, smiling widely.He flapped his sandy wings, and Winter narrowed his eyes at his best friend.

"Sure, let's go."Serene said blankly.
She got to her feet, gazing pointedly at Qibli, waiting for him to lead the way.
She assumed Moon would give her the tour, but honestly, she felt relieved it was Qibli.She felt....comfortable around him already, which was uncommon.

Qibli nodded, black-azure and orange-yellow scales walking down the hallway side by side. "So here is the place where we eat, and across from there is the art room.Down there is the......."

***

Serene sighed happily, collapsing in her new bed beside Moon.Kinkajou was already asleep in her hammock, her light snoring mixed with slurred sleep-mumbling.

"Good day?"Moon asked groggily, voice droopy with sleep.Her brows were furrowed, and her claws were wrapped tight around a mound of moss.

"Great.Qibli showed me all around, then we went for a fly, came back and got something to eat, then I came here."Serene smiled, stretching.

"Sounds like a blast,"Moon snickered. "Kind of like a daaaaate? Oh my moons, I can't believe I said that, I sounded like Kinkajou."

"A da-Moon! No! I just met the guy! I don't like him.Hush."Serene blushed, shoving her face into her bed.

"Well, do you at least think he's cute? He was my first crush, before Winter started hanging out more with me."
Moon closed her eyes, deep in a walk down memory lane.

"Ummm, okay, I'd be lying if I said he was ugly.I mean, look at the scar! You can't tell me he isn't cute."Serene huffed, flicking her tail irritably.
But she secretly liked talking about Qibli.

"I see..."Moon cracked a smile. "Let me tell you about how Winter and I started dating....."

***

Qibli walked into his cave and slumped on his ledge, letting out a dreamy sigh.
He didn't want to keep his feelings in, and hoped Winter would ask how his day was.

He wanted to tell his best friend about how he felt about Serene.He wanted Winter to be in on his new crush.

He wanted a wingman.And who better to talk to, than a IceWing prince with a girlfriend?

Qibli peeked open an eye, spotting Winter reading a scroll with a little lamp in the corner of his ice-ledge.
He let out another happy sigh, exaggerating it a bit.

Winter cast him a look, and he quickly looked away.He narrowed his eyes, then continued reading.

Oh well......Mabye I'll talk to Turtle in the morning.

*** 8 months later ***

Serene stretched, sunlight beaming in through the window.Moon and Kinkajou were still asleep, so she snuck out of the room.She headed down to the pools to take a quick swim before first class.

She'd been at Jade Mountain for months now, and couldn't feel better anywhere else.She had great friends, and felt like she belonged.She passed a few dragonets, and they smiled at her.
She had grown quite popular, as the Jade Winglet was, and even made friends outside of her Winglet.

She slipped into the crystal clear waters, coolness swarming over her.
She sighed as the icy chill seeped into her scales, and her breath rippled the water in front of her.She dove under, and her azure scales lit up, flaring amongst the blackness.

When she surfaced, she gasped and nearly choked on water as she spotted Qibli watching her from atop a rock.
He hopped off and waltzed over to her, holding out a warm talon for her to take.

She grasped it, her talon immediately drying. She nodded gratefully to him as he hauled her up.They sat down beside the pool and chatted, Serene's scales glittering beautifully.

"You look absolutely stunning."Qibli blurted, his flirting skills hitting peak condition.

"Thanks,"Serene replied smoothly. "You do, too, like always."

They both grinned, and Qibli placed his talon over hers.They say in silence, just enjoying each others company.

Thanks to Moon, I met her, Qibli thought blissfully.

Thanks to Moon, I met him, Serene's mind chimed, and she grinned wider.

A/N: Here you go! Hope you liked it!