Daycare(Dragonet Friendship)

"Psst, Bumblebee, come look at what Cliff and I found!"Auklet whispered, nudging the HiveWing with her talon.

Peacemaker, Dusky, Mink and Asteroid glanced over from where they were playing with building blocks, the same curious look written on their faces.

"Okay,"Bumblebee murmured, waddling over to where Auklet was pointing. "Oh my moons, what is it?"

"It's a lizard!"Cliff chirped, face sweet and happy. "I named him Scales!"

"But I think he looks more like a Fantasy!"Auklet argued, letting the lizard climb on her claw.

"I vote Scales."Peacemaker shrugged, stepping beside Cliff, who nodded.

"I like Fantasy."Asteroid huffed, hurrying to her best friend's side.

"Of course you do,"Cliff mumbled.

Mink smiled at them. "I like Fantasy, too!"She joined them.

"I like Scales,"Bumblebee shrugged. "Sorry, Aukie."

"Come on, Dusky, be the tie breaker!"Bumblebee urged him.

Dusky's eyes widened. "W-what? But then the other will be mad at me!"

"No we won't,"they all said in unison. "We promise!"

"Uhhhh- I like the name Ashes!"Dusky blurted, closing his eyes.

They all remained silent a moment.

"Yeah, I like it!"Cliff nodded, along with Auklet.

"Fine.He can be Ashes."Auklet grinned, dropping the lizard on the ground gently.

"Where are Sunny and Luna? Aren't they supposed to be watching us?"
Asteroid suddenly spoke, causing all the dragonets to glance around.

"They disappeared a while ago,"Mink frowned. "Sunny said she was getting something, and Luna went to find her twenty minutes later."

"They've been missing that long?!"Auklet shouted, Dusky plugging his ears as they all began crying and frantically calling out Sunny's and Luna's names.

"Guys, they can't hear you!"Dusky whimpered, hiding behind Mink.

"Where'd Sunny go, does anyone know?"Asteroid asked, picking up a plate of fruit and looking around for something.Anything.

"She said something about a letter,"Mink shrugged. "But I don't really know."

"Daycare isn't the same without the 'care', is it?"Cliff pouted.

"No, I don't THINK so."Dusky shook his head.

"I'm sure they'll be back soon,"Auklet did her best to comfort the group, but she was really scared something had happened to them.Sunny was a good friend of her big sister! "Don't worry."

Asteroid shifted nervously beside her. "You sure, Aukie?"she whispered.

"No, but if it helps some calm down, then I'm willing to tell them that."she whispered back, Asteroid nodding.

There was a knock on the door of the hut and all seven heads snapped toward it.

"Should we open the door?"Cliff whispered, voice tight.

"I don't think so,"Auklet shook her head. "Is the door locked?"

"Now it is."Peacemaker sighed, locking it and quickly rushing back to them.

"Who could it be?"Dusky squeaked, scared.

"Let me peek."Asteroid grinned, trotting over to the door and opening the peep-hole.

"It's Clay!"she beamed, unlocking the door.

"Are you sure!?"Mink squealed, leaping behind Bumblebee.

"Hey, Clay!"Asteroid giggled, whipping the door open. "What's up?"

"Sunny told me to come and watch you till she's back.She got to her house to get a letter, and couldn't find it.She and Luna tore that hut apart."he explained.

"Come in,"Asteroid led him to the others. "We were just playing with our new pet lizard, Ashes."

"He's really cute."Clay smiled, petting Ashes softly with a single claw.He limped over to a mat, lying down.

"Let's play, now that we know Sunny and Luna are safe."Mink nudged Peacemaker, darting to the other side of the building and hiding behind a turret. "Hey, you're it!"

Peacemaker growled playfully, pouncing on Auklet. "No, you are!"

Auklet squeaked, turning to Asteroid and brushing her claw over her horn, before dashing after Peacemaker.

"Imma get you guys!"Asteroid went for Bumblebee, who was very quick to tag-back.

"No tag-backs!"Asteroid grumbled.

"You shoulda said that before we started."Bumblebee retorted.

"I didn't think we needed to, I thought you'd be smarter."Asteroid snapped.

"Woah, girls, girls,"Cliff stepped between them, trying to act older. "No need to fight!"he then added in a whisper-giggle, "That's what mommy says a lot!"

"Okay, sorry,"Asteroid mumbled. "Can we please play no tag backs, Bumblebee?"

"Fine."she huffed.

After a while(half an hour or so) of playing tag, all of the dragonets had gotten tired and collapsed on the floor, panting.Asteroid, Auklet and Mink were huddled in a corner, giggling and chatting quietly while the rest of them were lying crazily around the floor, Clay snoring by the dying fire.

The door opened and a SandWing and a SilkWing walked in.

"Hey, guys!"Sunny cheered.

"Sunny! Luna!"they all screeched, rushing over and throwing themselves all over the two older dragons. "We missed you! Clay is boring!"

"He is, isn't he?"Sunny laughed, gazing fondly at Clay.

"Yah! And we thought you were hurt and we'd have to rescue you."Dusky giggled, burrowing into Luna's embrace.

"Nah, we were fine."Luna soothed, brushing him with her tail.

"Let's go play!"Auklet groaned, pulling on Cliff's and Asteroid's arms.

"You're parents will here soon to take you home,"Sunny explained softly. "So don't get to carried away."

"Yeah, yeah!"Auklet giggled.

Sunny shared a look with Luna.They both smiled widely.

They were just any dragonets.

They were the dragonets that they got to take care of.

And listening to them laugh and play made both older dragons laugh along, the sweet sound drifting around the hut.

"I can't wait till tomorrow."Sunny sat beside Luna.

"Why?"Luna tilted her head.

"So we can care for these mischievous dragonets again."

EeeeeeEeEeEeeEEe

That's all I have to say.

Hope you enjoyed!

-Leaf/y 💚