Starflight x Lyrebird (@DestinyDaDragon)

Lyrebird is a OC that belongs to @DestinyDaDragon!!!

***
Time set is two years before DOD escape from the cave!!

Lyrebird flew quickly, glancing back 
every few seconds.He didn't want them to find him.If they did, he'd be toast for sure.He held his breath as the dark specks came closer.Their large SkyWing wings made them zoom fast, and the only thing giving Lyrebird any sort of chance was the fact he was half SkyWing.His wings were larger than a normal NightWings.

The SkyWings wanted to capture him, he knew, although he wasn't exactly sure why.He was being hunted.
He would probably wind up facing an angry Queen Scarlet.

He zigzagged between trees as he flew low, hoping he'd get lost between the branches.But they were smart, and followed just behind him, getting closer and closer.

Finally, when all hope seemed lost, be spotted a cave out of the corner of his eye, and turned sharply, zooming toward it with tucked wings.

***
Starflight yawned, laying against Sunny's side, scroll in his shaking talons.He was exhausted, but he had to study this one last scroll.Just in case his friends asked him any questions, though they never did.

Sunny's gentle breathing soothed him, but also made him sleepier.

I'll just go for a short walk to wake myself up.

Starflight slid away from Sunny and snuck past a snoring Tsunami.Glory was sleeping in the corner, curled up tight like a ball.Well, he couldn't actually see her, because she was camouflaged, but that was where she always slept, Clay nearest her.

He walked drowsily to the stream that ran through their prison-Cave.He filled his snout in, and was immediately wide awake.He dunked his eyes in anyway, just to be sure.Then he turned to head back to his scroll.But something caught his eye.

A dragonet collapsed on the ground just inside the cave.His wings were quite large, and he looked like a SkyWing, but with closer inspection, Starflight saw NightWing resemblances.

Could it be a hybrid, perhaps?

Starflight crept closer, wondering if the stranger was dead.He didn't appear to be breathing, but then, as Starflight came up really close to his face, his nostrils flared.His eyes snapped open, and he jumped up, neck scales rising.

"Who are you?"Starflight asked, not in a harsh, demanding tone, but a curious, gentle voice.

"Me? Oh, I'm Lyrebird."Lyrebird rubbed between his eyes with a talon, then shook himself. "I was hiding from a SkyWing patrol."he mumbled.

"Why?"Starflight titled his head, not seeming frightened or intimidated by this strange dragon.He looked flustered, almost shy.

Lyrebird ducked his dead. "Oh- well, Queen Scarlet doesn't really like hybrids.She kind of sent a patrol to catch me and have my head placed on her wall."he shrugged. "No biggie."

"Well you should leave, before they get here-"Starflight glanced around. "Not the patrol, though."he added quickly.

"Then who?"

"Our guardians,"Starflight shuddered. "Webs, Dune and....Kestrel."

"They don't sound too bad-"

"They are, trust me.Now you better-"Starflight snapped his jaw shut when the sound of wings sounded just outside the cave.He quickly grasped Lyrebird's wrist and pulled him down the hallway. "Quick, be quiet!"

Lyrebird remained silent and let his new friend pull him down the hall.They entered the sleeping cave and everyone immediately woke up.

"Who left the door open?!"Kestrel snarled. "Webs, Dune! They couldn't escaped! Go check!"