Lynx x Snowfall(Lynxfall)

Snowfall perched regally on the throne, her claws tired and her wings aching.
Her eyes drooped with sleepiness, but she forced herself to stay awake.

How could she tend to her queenly duties if she was asleep?

She had started to slouch again, when the throne room doors burst open, causing Snowfall to straighten again.

A medium sized, female IceWing with light blue freckles stood before her, panting.Her eyes sparkled with excitement, despite looking like she'd ran miles."

"Snowfall! I've found it!"
Lynx grinned widely, holding out a musty map in her shaking talons.

"That's Queen Snowfall.And, really?"
Snowfall leaned over to peer at the delicate paper.

"Hmm! I found it in the dungeons of the SandWing castle."she hummed, placing it in her queen's talons and sitting back on her haunches.

"Really?"Snowfall looked doubtful. "What were you doing in the SandWing castle? It's extremely hot there."

Lynx flicked her tail to and fro, a frown on her face. "It's not too bad! Besides, I had to look for it."

"Why, though? I still don't get why you need this junk."Snowfall set down the map, snorting out a frosty breath of frustration.

"Because it's cool! I thought mabye we could gather some friends and go on a treasure hunt?"Lynx beamed.

"Friends?"

"Yes?"Lynx blinked at her.

Snowfall gave her an incredulous look. "Queens don't have friends.They have subjects."

"Most Queens have friends."Lynx rolled her eyes.

"Uh huh....Name two queens and their friends."Snowfall scoffed.

"Glory and the dragonets of destiny? Thorn and Sunny? You and I?"

"The second one hardly counts, and the last one doesn't at all."Snowfall waved a talon.

"Whatever! That's besides the point! Now come one, we're going to gather some friends and go search for treasure!"

- - -

Snowfall sighed, flapping her wings and soaring down to land on the snowy ground.Ice crumbled under her talons, and she shook off some sticking frost.

Lynx landed beside her, a grin on her face. "This is it, the first spot where we'll find the treasure."

Winter and Icicle landed behind her, both looking bored.Winter looked a bit less bored.

"I don't get why I'm here."Icicle waved a talon sassily.

I don't either, Snowfall thought bitterly.

Icicle was not one of Snowfall's favourite dragons.Probably her least favourite dragon.Well, mabye not worse than some she'd met...But still, she was Icicle!

"What are we looking for?"Winter slid over to Lynx's side, peering over her shoulder at the map, his tail slicing through the air.

Something clicked inside Snowfall and she darted forwards and shoved Winter harshly out of the way.He grunted as he fell on his side, face covered in snow.

"What in the three moons..."Winter mumbled, staggering as he stood up.
He sent Snowfall a questioning glare.

"I-Uhhh, wanted to see the map, too."Snowfall scowled, which matched perfectly with Winter's own scowl.

"Why didn't you just look on her other side?"But he turned and stalked a few feet away, not wanting a response.

"That was weird.."Icicle muttered to herself.