Sky x Snowfall (Skyfall)

Snowfall took off her crown, placing it on her night stand.It sparkled and shined in the late afternoon sunlight as the young queen got ready for sleep.

She yawned, pulling up the polar bear blanket and climbing into her bed.She got nestled in and covered herself with it once more, letting out a soft sigh as darkness engulfed the room.

She closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to come.

It didn't.

She wasn't tired.

She squeezed her eyes closed tighter, wishing for sleep, but it didn't come.

She quickly lit a small candle, which flickered blue in the dark room, and got out of bed.She swung her tail around irritably, knocking over stacks of necklaces and jewels.

"Come on, just fall asleep, Snowfall!"she hissed to herself, jerking her head to the window as she heard a snap outside.

She quickly raced to the balcony and walked out to stand there, straining her ears but only hearing the owls and foxes wrestling around.

She ducked back inside and began pacing, aware of a certain adorable SkyWing making his way into her thoughts.

Sky.

Sky the SkyWing.

I can't believe, I, queen Snowfall, would fall for a lousy dragon like him!

Snowfall walked down the palace halls, eyes adjusting to the dim light.A few guards stood on either side, but they were all sound asleep.

She walked to the guest room and heard the light snoring or Sky and Peril. She wrinkled her nose in disgust as she thought of the fiery SkyWing.
She didn't fully trust the spell this silly 'Turtle' had put on Peril.She could still be dangerous!

But Sky and his sister had shown up at Snowfall's doorstep, tired and hungry, and who was she to say no?

She peeked through the cracked-open door and smiled softly as her eyes landed on Sky's small form.
Of course he'd brought his pet scavenger, Wren, who was carefully tucked under his wing.

She heard a guard doing their rounds and slipped into the room, aware of Peril sleeping to her left.
Peril's talons twitched as she dreamt, causing Snowfall to glance wearily at them.

She made her way over to Sky's nest, crouching down beside him to poke his side lightly, him waking with a snort.
Snowfall knew he was a light sleeper.

"Huh-? Snowfall? What's wrong?"he mumbled bleakly, rubbing his eyes with a talon.

"Come with me,"Snowfall whispered. "and leave the scavenger."she glared lightly at Wren, who's soft snoring drifted out from underneath Sky.

"I can't just leave Wren!"Sky's eyes flickered nervously between Snowfall and his human.

"Don't worry, Peril will protect her."Snowfall waved a claw, grasping ahold of Sky's wrist and giving it a gentle tug.

"I'm not worried about Wren being safe!"Sky yelped, then glanced over at Peril to make sure he didn't wake her. "I'm worried about me being safe! I never go anywhere without Wren."

"You'll be fine,"Snowfall argued, not wanting the nosy little creature to witness her and Sky together. "You'll be back in your nest in a few moments."

Sky sighed, before reluctantly letting Snowfall pull him outside the palace, hard snow crunching under their feet.

Snowfall breathed in the crisp, freezing air, watching as Sky's breath billowed in puffs of mist in front of his face.
Sky sent her a dopey smile, his claws tapping nervously on the ground.

"So, what's up?"he giggled, picking up a small bug on his claw and inspecting it closely.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you,"Snowfall explained slowly. "You know, as friends."
She flicked her frosty tail, sending snow flying through the air.

"You're a really great f-friend, Snowfall."Sky stuttered, Snowfall unsure if that was from the cold or something else.

Friend.

That's all I'll ever be to Sky.

A great friend.

She let out an irritated huff, wishing Sky was easier to read.His face was contorted in a confusing look of happiness, nervousness and something else Snowfall couldn't quite place.Sort of a...moony look?

"Sky,"Snowfall sighed, fixing a fierce frown on her face that made Sky swallowed thickly. "Do you-ever think you'll start a family of your own? Like- get a partner, or whatever?"she gushed, looking away as her cheek heated up.

I'm acting so not queenly.

Straightening her posture, she looked back at the SkyWing to see his face thoughtful, though still dopey.

Cute.

"I think so?"he frowned suddenly. "I mean, if Wren allows me to."

"What do you mean, 'If Wren allows you to?'"Snowfall scoffed.

"Well, she kind of makes the decisions for me.She's really smart and knows what's best for me."Sky explained sweetly.

"But what about you? What does Sky the SkyWing want to do with his love life?"Snowfall pressed.

Sky's eyes widened. "I-I don't know....I've never really decided many things for myself..."

"Then this can be your first- or at least some good experience."Snowfall smiled, thinking she was probably being to obvious.Good thing Sky was so oblivious.

"I-I do like someone, I think?"he blurted, claws sinking into the snowy ground as he gazed at Snowfall with large, round eyes.

"Really? That's great! Crushes are naturally."she said smoothly, giving herself a pat on the back.

You're doing great, Snowy.

"Well-I'm not so sure mine is...."he muttered, averting his eyes from Snowfall's. "She's kind of important? She's too busy for love, especially mine."

Snowfall nearly choked on air, her heart beating quickly.She scolded herself for acting so foolish, knowing she was probably blushing a light blue, despite having a decent control over herself.

He means mean....

Right?

"Sky,"Snowfall locked eyes with him. "Do you-do you like me?"

Too bold?

Sky gave a hesitant nod, large, nervous smile spreading across his face.

"I-I'm glad you told me, because I like you a lot, too."Snowfall suddenly grinned, surprising herself.

"Now, let's get you back to your human and we'll talk more about this tomorrow, mkay?"Snowfall smiled.

"Yes!"Sky grinned, following after Snowfall in a trot, head high.

Adorable.