Glory x Deathbringer (Glorybringer)

"You can stop following me now."Glory snapped, glaring up at the trees.

The branches rustled immediately and soft wing beats followed as three RainWings took off back toward the village.

"You guys, too."She looked up at another tree, those ones leaving also.

Glory hated constantly being followed; watched; cared for.
She wasn't a dragonet! She was probably the most deadly RainWing in the tribe.Her point being: don't mess with queen Glory of the RainWings.

Glory sighed.
Or the charming body guard.

Speaking of Deathbringer, she was on her way to find him now.
Well, more like meet him at a secret spot they may or may not go to relax.

She pushed past some overhanging viens, stepping into a magical tunnel.
Am animus had created this and hidden it, most likely a spot to relax and enjoy nature.

Beautiful pink and white flower blossomed along the edges of the path, leading to a clearing with bursting tulips and buttercups.A small stream ran along the edge, fish leaping and water splashing.
The sun peaked its head up from around a tall pine tree, sharing its loving warmth with the world.
Gorgeous maple trees loomed overhead, casting a cooling shade for those who wished to chill.
A light breeze blew by, making the tree branches rustle.

Sitting with his back to Glory was a medium sized NightWing.
He was facing the river, claws hovering over the water as he looked for fish.

"Deathbringer, I'm here."Glory rolled her eyes, watching as the black scaled dragon immediately whirled around, a smug grin on his face.

"Glory! How is my queen doing on this fine day?"He pranced over to her, dipping his head.

"Shut up.But, I'm doing quite good, thank you."Glory gazed around, letting her talons sink into the luscious green blades of grass.

"I thought I'd catch us some fish!"Deathbringer clasped his talons together, his eyes sparkling.

"Oh, goodie."Glory rolled her eyes once more.It was pretty much an instinct now.

"What kind, your queenliness?"He bowed, the flirty smirk never leaving his smug face.

"You know I don't like fish."Glory scoffed, waving her talon. "But mabye some pears?"

"Oh....yes! Pears will do!"He flapped his wings, flying up the the branches of a pear tree.

He plucked four juicy, golden pears and brought them down. "Here! Two for you and two for me."
He pushed two over to Glory, chewing away at his.

"Hmm."Glory hummed as she took a light nibble.

After she finished one of her pears, she arched her back in a yawn. "Mabye I'll curl up under that sycamore tree."
She flew over to and crawled into the wondrous shade.

Deathbringer hurried over with her other pear, setting it down. "Here, in case you get hungry."

"Thanks, I guess."Glory closed her eyes.She breathed in the wonderful smells of the forest.Pollen; flowers; grass; tree bark.

There was a rustling as Deathbringer laid down next to her, his wing pressed against hers.He set his tail down next to hers, occasionally brushing it gently.

"Glory?"

"Yes?"Glory opened one eye, watching the NightWing.

"Do you think you'll ever get a new bodyguard?"He asked nervously.

"Yes,"Glory nodded. "But that doesn't mean they will be a better one than you."

"Would you fire me?"Deathbringer blinked.

"Hmmm, mabye."Glory winked at him, surprising herself.

"Did you just- wink at me?!"Deathbringer spluttered.

"Uhhh, yes? I did.Why is that so unbelievable?"

"Umm, 'cause you're Glory?"Deathbringer grinned. "Queen Glory of the RainWings and NightWings doesn't wink at dragons."

"Well, mabye she can change."Glory huffed, closing her eye again.

"I suppose,"Deathbringer mumbled thoughtfully. "I like change.Usually, at least."

"Mabye you should be quiet."Glory snapped tiredly, folding her wings in closer to her body.

"Fine."Deathy snorted, laying still.

Time passed and Glory drifted in and out of sleep, never getting deep enough for a dream.The fifth time she woke up she decided to get up for good.

Stretching her wings, she noticed her NightWing companion was gone.

"Deathbringer?"She called softly, slowly taking a step forward.

She always said she wanted to be alone, but now that she actually was alone with no one to protect her, she was a bit frightened.

But, queen Glory would never admit that.Right?

Creeping along the forest floor, the RainWing queen angled her head, listening for the sounds of her body guard.

She'd never actually gone this far before, and was frustrated by the thought of getting lost.

"Death! Get out of wherever you are! Stop playing stupid games!"She hissed, whirling around as a tree branch snapped behind her.

A shadowy figure stood there, half submerged in shade, only its night-black face showing.They took a thundering step forward, their eyes glowing red. "I am Worldender, former queen of the NightWings."

"Why are you here? And what did you do with my Deathy?!"Glory demanded sharply.

"You mean the annoying NightWing who kept telling me how much he loved you? He was supposed to be my new king, but he's much too stupid.Take him back."Worldender flicked a claw and Deathbringer was thrown out of the bushes, landing by Glory's feet.

"Glory!"He grinned, wrapping his wings around her. "I thought she'd kill me for sure."

"I'm really shocked she didn't."Glory mused, leaning into his embrace.

"Let's get out of here.Before the world ends."He winked at Worldender, before grasping Glory's talons and pulling her away.

As Glory let herself be pulled away, she opened her mouth to ask a question.
"Why'd you wake up and decide to walk away, anyway?"

"I heard some mysterious noises somewhere and decided to follow them, you know, to keep you safe.
Turns out it was Worldender trying to get my attention."He frowned.

Glory stopped and pulled him closer. "Just don't ever leave again without saying, okay?"
This surprised even her.

"Oh.....alright,"He smirked, hugging Glory back. "My queen."