Lake x Shimo(@lintyblackhoodie)

(Both ocs belong to lintyblackhoodie  )

-

Lake swam under the water, his scales flashing as he searched for seashells under the water.He liked swimming, although, who didn't? He was a SeaWing, so it made sense.But Lake loved it, more than any other SeaWing perhaps.Okay, maybe not, but still.

He swam down to the bottom of the sea and grasped a pretty blue shell in one talon and a faded green shell in the other.Then he ran his claws across their smooth surfaces and swam back up to the surface of the water.He climbed out onto the beach and set the shells down at his best friend Shimo's talons.The IceWing stared down at them with a small smile adorning his features.

"Thank you, Lake."he whispered, picking up the blue one.

"No problem, bud! If you want any more, just tell me.I could swim all day."
Lake said enthusiastically.

"I'm good, thanks."they nodded, patting beside them for Lake to sit down.The SeaWing obeyed, flopping down beside his friend.He watched the water ripple, wondering what he could do next.What other cool underwater things could he find for Shimo?

"Have you ever seen seaweed before?"Lake asked Shimo, who shook his head. "I can get some for you, if you'd like.Or I can find you rocks, or sand! Different color sands, like pink or blue.Anything you wish for, I can and will provide."he rambled.He liked making Shimo happy.

"It's okay, really.I'm good."Shimo smiled, patting Lake's shoulder.

"Fine.What should we do now? I can put the shells back if you really don't like them."he offered.

"No, I like them."Shimo laughed, his muzzle wrinkling. "They're beautiful.
Let's just sit here and watch."

"Watch what? The air?"Lake huffed in boredom, laying his head on his talons and letting out a sigh.He liked spending time with Shimo, yes, but he also liked doing things.

"Hush you,"Shimo snorted. "Just listen and watch.It's peaceful."they settled down beside Lake and closed their eyes, claws gently rubbing rhythmic circles in the shells.

Lake did so, but found himself thinking more than listening.How long had he and Shimo been friends? It seemed like ages since he'd met the quiet IceWing.
A couple years, perhaps? He wasn't sure how he felt about the dragon.
Shimo was adorable, but a polar opposite of Lake.But opposites attract, don't they? Lake frowned, his scales heating up.He had a crush on Shimo, didn't he? Shimo probably thought he was insane, or perhaps a psycho.

"Shimo,"Lake suddenly spoke, breaking the silence. "Do you think I am crazy? Or a psycho?"

Shimo looked amused. "No.I probably wouldn't be hanging out with you this much if you were.Besides, you're pretty funny when you're hyper."they replied.

"How are you so calm?!"Lake whined. "I try so hard to be calm and...more like you, but it doesn't work.I'm like a little sugar-high dragonet all the time."

"You're perfect the way you are."Shimo answered simply, ending the conversation.He let out a deep breath, then dipped his talons into the water with the shells till in them.

Lake watched him, awestruck.How was Shimo so amazing?

Shimo then let go of the shells, and they slowly and gracefully drifted down to the bottom of the clear waters. "There.Now you can fetch them again for me, since you wanted something to do."Shimo glanced at their friend, smiling.

"Ooh! Thanks, Shimo."Lake grinned, leaping into the water and using his powerfully thick tail to propel himself forward.He easily reached the shells and grabbed them again, then swam expectedly back up to Shimo and dropped them at his talons.He remained in the water, staring expectantly at the IceWing.

Shimo chuckled softly, adorable.
They then picked up the shells and tossed them a bit farther.Lake swam after them, grabbing them before they hit the bottom this time.Then he returned.

They continued to play this game for at least a half hour, till finally Lake and Shimo were tired.Then Lake climbed out of the water and stretched beside Shimo. "That was fun, thanks."

"No problems."Shimo said, smiling.
Their eyes suddenly went sad, and they tucked their tail in close.

"Hey, Shimo, what's up?"Lake grasped both sides of the IceWing's face and peered at him worriedly.

Shimo's snout went blue. "N-nothing. I was just thinking...."

"About what?"Lake demanded, fierce concern laced in his tone.

Shimo took a deep breath. "Lake, you make me really happy."he spoke bluntly and directly, eyes not wavering as they gazed straight at Lake's.

"You make me really happy, too."Lake grinned. "Whenever I'm with you I feel even happier than normal."

"Yeah...what really?"Shimo looked surprised. "You like me too?"

"Of course,"Lake laughed. "I thought it was obvious my feelings for you."

"Not to me."the IceWing looked relieved. "So we can be together?"

"Of course."Lake said again. "I'd love that."he bopped Shimo's snout gently with his own. "Now can I please go find you something else? Let me find you some pink sands or something.Do you have a jar with you?"

Shimo laughed a deep and cute laugh. "Yes, I actually do."they fished a small jar out of their pouch, and handed it to Lake, who immediately dove into the water.

Shimo smiled down at the water, feeling content.

Lake is finally mine.

A/N: I am so sorry! I kinda forgot about this. I'm going to try and update this more! I've been really busy IRL.

This was kinda short and bad, but oh well! I hope it wasn't too and, lintyblackhoodie !