Sharp x Rain(Sharain) (neon_aster Ocs)

Rain fluttered his eyes open, peering out of the rocky cave.He'd sheltered in there during the night after...the storm hit.He, Quicksilver, Rohello and Sharp had been out in the Rainforest playing, when large, gray clouds suddenly covered the sky.They'd quickly decided to take cover.

Quicksilver and Sharp had went out to search for something to eat once the storm was over, leaving Rohello and Rain in the cave.

Letting out a soft sigh, Rain watched Rohello sleep, her sides rising and falling slowly and a light snoring coming from her mouth.

Rain pitied her, although she was quite similar to himself.They both couldn't fly, for different reasons of course.

As he was about to get up and wake her, Sharp and Quicksilver returned, wriggling fish in Sharp's claws and clumps of fresh berries in Quicksilver's.

"We're back, Rohello."Sharp nudged the SilkWing awake.

As they feasted, Rain kept a watchful eye on everyone.He didn't know what could be hiding in here.Bats? Spiders? Monsters?!

How that he thought about it- anything could be hiding within this very cave.

Rain froze in place, listening closely for any signs or sounds of danger.
His talon hovered a few inches away from his muzzle, a speckled berry between his claws.

Sharp, who had finished eating and was sitting on a small boulder watching everyone, narrowed his eyes, sliding over to sit beside Rain. "You good, Rai Rai?"

Rain snapped out of his thoughts, blushing slightly at the strange name. "Fine, thanks.Just thinking."he murmured, fluttering his hole-filled wings.

"Follow me,"Sharp muttered, walking deeper into the cave depths.Darkness surrounded them as Rain followed, flexing his claws uneasily.

"Sharp,"Rain whispered, glancing around the dimly lit cavern. "Where are you-?"

"Here."
Sharp's voice echoed around the cavern, making it seem like he was in multiple different spots.His voice was teasing and light, causing Rain to smile.

"Where? Here? Or mabye here?"Rain then began feeling around the cave with his talons, carefully tucking his barbed tail so it was safe.

He heard Sharp giggle, and followed that, finally feeling cold scales under his claws. "Found you!"

Sharp's face formed in the darkness, and Rain blushed, seeing as their snouts were nearly touching.
Rain backed up, sitting down in a slouched position.He grasped his tail with his talon.

"So,"Sharp sat in front of him, eyes curious. "what exactly was up before? You weren't just thinking.That was your signature, 'Rain Worried' face."Sharp rolled his eyes.

"I'm fine, really!"Rain protested, shuffling awkwardly. "I was just thinking about yesterday."

Sharp looked doubtful, but nodded slowly anyway. "Righty then.What Can I do?"

"What?"Rain tilted his head slightly.

"What can I do to make you feel safer? Better."Sharp frowned.

Hug me.....

"Oh- ummm, nothing."Rain shrugged. "I'll get over it."

"No."Sharp said fiercely, placing his talons on Rain's. "Let me help.I want to."

Rain swallowed thickly. "Look, I was just worried that someone or something might be hiding in the mysterious cave we know nothing about."he admitted.

Sharp's cold talons mixed perfectly with Rain's own warm ones, and Rain was tempted to lean onto the IceWing/SeaWing hybrid.A small part of his brain told him not to, however, so he remained in his seat.

"I get it,"Sharp nodded. "We don't know.Things could happen."he smiled softly. "But I'll protect yo-everyone."

"Thank you, Sharp,"Rain smiled warmly. "That's one of the /many/ things I like about you.Your protectiveness."

Sharp grinned, placing a bit more pressure onto their talons. "Yes, well, I'm sure that list is extremely long."

Rain rolled his eyes playfully. "It's got two things on it."

"Uhhhh huhhh. And what is the other one?"

"Oh- ummm...."Rain furrowed his brow thoughtfully. "You're nice to me?"

Sharp leaned in closer, eyes widened ever-so slightly. "Just nice to you-?"

"G-Good to me.."Rain stammered, lost in Sharp's eyes.

"Good?"

"Awesome..?"Rain didn't know what Sharp was doing, but it was working.

Sharp booped Rain on the snout with a laugh, eyes warm with fondness. "Getting better, lovely."he grinned.

"L-Lovely?"Rain's eyes widened and he blushed.
Since when did Sharp call him lovely?

"Yes! You're my lovely Rainy dragon."he chuckled, pulling away from Rain reluctantly.

"Look, Sharp,"Rain blurted quickly, closing his eyes tight. "How do you feel about me? Like-what am I to you?"

"You? You're my- well- crush- I suppose.Rain, you're the most awesome dragon I've ever met.You're shy- but in a good way- and smart.You clash with my energy perfectly."Sharp wrapped his wings around Rain.

"Thank you for telling me,"Rain breathed. "I really like you, too."

They hugged each other close, love for the other shining in their hearts.

.

A/N: Thank you so much neon_aster  for requesting this! I think it's really cute and hope you liked it!
Both your Ocs are so lovely! ^^

I hope it wasn't too short! Sorry if you didn't like it.

.