Luna x Stargazer (Moonwatcher639 Ocs)

Luna let out a soft sniffle, flapping her jet black wings as she leapt over a small puddle in the forest.
The wet grass under her talons made her scales feel stinky and uncomfortable.

She flinched as she heard a roar in the distance, followed by a screech.

Her blood went cold when she heard slithering in the trees beside and above her. She looked up to see vines moving in a hypnotizing way.

The truth was, she didn't like it here.
She didn't want to be here.

The trees were too close to be able to fly comfortably,
it was always so moist and sticky, there were dangerous animals and she was always getting lost.
She'd been dragged her by a few of her friends, who mysteriously vanished as soon as they got here.

Luna slumped on the ground beside a river, her tears mixing with the water and making swirls.The water rippled as tear after tear plopped in.

"Where are you when I need you, Stargazer?"she whispered, the wind taking her words away from her.

She could almost hear him calling "Luna! Luna! I'm here! You're okay!"
She could almost feel his wings wrapped around her body, his talons grasping hers and his tail slinking around her own.

She wanted those thoughts to he real.
So badly, in fact, that she didn't even notice when real Stargazer was lying beside her, that oh-so-sweet smile on his face.

"Luna, what's wrong? You know I don't like seeing you sad!"Stargazer whimpered, nuzzling her neck with his nose.

They were just friends, but everywhere they went, people said, "You two are adorable together!" Or, "You must be soulmates!" Or something like that.

Deep down -- well, not really THAT deep down -- Luna wanted Stargazer to love her like that.
But it wouldn't work out, would it?

"I-I just don't want to be here, that's all."Luna mumbled.
She didn't want to make Stargazer upset if he really liked this place!

"And why's that?"he didn't look upset, he looked worried for her.
He let her lean against him.

"I-ummm.. it's really hot and sticky? And I get lost all the time!"
Luna felt her eyes filling with tears again.

"Shhhh, it's okay.I'll stay with you so you don't get lost."Stargazer held her close, and the tears slowly disappeared from Luna's eyes.

"Thank you so much, Stargazer."she squeezed his talons while smiling widely at him.

"I also have something to tell you."Stargazer mumbled, averting his eyes from hers.

"What is it?"Luna gasped. "Did someone die?!"

"What? No! No! It's not that.It's much less serious, actually..."

"Oh..Good."Luna giggled.

"Luna....For a while now, I've been feeling- different when I'm with you.
It used to be, 'Oh, It's Luna.' But now it's 'OH MY MOONS IT'S LUNA!'
I feel warm and fuzzy around you, when before, I felt cold and the same as always.
You've changed me for the better, and- what I'm trying to say is.....Luna, I love you."Stargazer rambled and muttered, eyes flicking all over the forest.

Then there was the awkward one minute silence as Luna put all this together in her mind.

Luna squeezed Stargazer in a huge hug.
"I love you, too! I thought you didn't like me like that!"

"Really? I thought I was making it quite obvious!"Stargazer laughed.

Luna shook her head. "I had no idea."

"Let's get out of here, shall we?"Stargazer broke away from her, grabbing her talons and launching into the air.

Luna couldn't wait, leaping right after him.I'll get to fly with Stargazer alone! After we confessed!

Luna a huge smile on her snout the whole way home, all because of some dragon.Her some dragon.

And that was awesome.

A/N: Thank you to Moonwatcher639  for requesting!
I'm really sorry it's so short! I just ran out of things to write!