Turtle x Umber(Tumber)

"That's not even true, and you know it,"Umber snorted playfully, batting Turtle's side with his wing. "Ripnami became a thing because Riptide is a simp.Duh!"

"No it didn't,"Turtle argued, a smile on his snout. "I think Tsu is the simp.She's so clingy."he stuck out his tongue. "It's hard living with her.It's always, "Riptide this," and "Riptide that." It gets kind of annoying."

"I can't believe Qibli, Winter and Moon got together,"Umber grumbled crossly, changing the subject. "Two of the best looking guys with her.Not fair!"

"Hey, be nice to Moon, she's my friend!"Turtle sent Umber an offended look. "Please?"

"Fine, sorry."Umber muttered.

"And who's that other girl they hang out with? The weird yellow one?"

"Kinkajou?"Turtle titled his head, a dreamy look spreading across his face.

"Yeah, that's it.She's so strange.She smells like pineapples!"Umber wrinkled his snout.

"Kinkajou is not strange!"Turtle flared his wings out. "Kinkajou is cute, funny and caring, and possibly the most amazing dragon in the whole world.Be nice to my crush-errrrr FRIEND! Yeah, friend...."

Umber grinned. "You like Kinkajou? Shiiiiip!"

"Stop that."Turtle grunted. "She probably doesn't like me like that."

"I'm sure she does,"Umber shrugged. "You should ask her out!"

"Really?"Turtle frowned.

"Yeah!"

"Mabye I will.Thank you, Umber.See you later!"Turtle waved, flying off.

"Byeeee!"Umber laughed.

***

"Kinkajou, I'm going on a date with my boyfriends, but I'll be back by tonight, kay?"Moon said, slipping her pouch over her neck.

"Sure thing, Moon! I'll just be here studying."Kinkajou waved, watching Moon walk out of the cave.She wanted to be ready for the test in a few days.

A little while later there a knock on the doorway, and Kinkajou looked up to see Turtle standing there. "Hi, Turtle! Come in!"she beamed, hopping out of her hammock.

Turtle smiled, though he seemed nervous. "I came to ask you something, Kink."he stood before her.

"Sure! What is it?"she smiled, turning a light purple.

"I-I really like you and I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight!?"Turtle rushed.He said it so fast, it took Kinkajou a while to figure out what he said.

And when she did, her face fell.

Oh no....Turtle has a crush on me?!

"Oh-Turtle..."she whispered, causing the SeaWing to flinch.

"I don't like you like that...I'm sorry! You're a great friend!"she cried, as he whirled around and dashed to the doorway.

"Forget I said anything!"Turtle sobbed, tears streaming down his face.They blinded him, and he rammed into dragons as he fled, desperate to be in his cave.

He raced in his room and threw himself on his bed.His clawmates were out, fortunately.

Turtle cried and cried into his feather-pillow, his heart shattering.

"I'll never be happy again..."

***

Turtle sighed, walking into the prey-center and grabbing a trout from the fish-pile.He walked over to an empty corner, settling down to eat(or more accurately, stare at his food with no appetite).