(11) The Eldest Prince

The royal study was filled with things that couldn’t be found anywhere else, but the most valuable ones were still the and . They gave the room an awe-inspiring feel.

Emperor Shang directly sat on the dragon chair, while his personal attendant, court eunuch Xu, moved to his side, ready to serve. Shang Wuxin took the First seat* without saluting, nor showing a shred of respect. That kind of attitude was too rampant, but it was supposed to be like that in the first place.

Eunuch Xu glanced surprised at the crown prince, who was behaving so strangely, he could be mistaken for a different person. He was even more shocked by the emperor’s lack of reaction, but he was merely the emperor’s servant, thus he lowered his head, afraid of seeing or hearing anything he shouldn’t. Though he stood there for a very long time, he truly didn’t hear a single sound. The emperor should have already been berating the crown prince, the crown prince should have been arguing back. Then the father and son would part on bad terms, and within two days, the whole palace would know that the crown prince had angered the emperor again. Yet something seemed different now…

Shang Wuxin was looking at the emperor, who was looking at her. There was a hint of warmth in his deep gaze, though it was hidden so well, even the emperor himself hadn’t realized it was there.

“Not saluting upon meeting Us, who gave you the courage?” Emperor Shang opened his mouth first, but as soon as he started talking, it was to scold. Though unfortunately, Shang Wuxin wasn’t like the former crown prince, who could only look at the emperor dejectedly. Furthermore, she didn’t bother giving an explanation. After observing Emperor Shang, she had noticed that he was actually restless with worry.

Shang Wuxin looked at the seemingly angry Emperor Shang, then stood up without a warning, startling him and eunuch Xu. Eunuch Xu went so far as to move in front of the emperor, blocking him from whatever harmful thing that unfathomable crown prince was about to do. On the other hand, Emperor Shang remained the same.

However, Shang Wuxin simply left the royal study without giving them so much as a glance. The purpose she came here today had already been reached. Even though some matters were still unclear, she got the basics. As for her Imperial father, she smiled wordlessly.

“Crown Prince!” Seeing the crown prince walking out of the study safe and sound, Wu Wei’s mind calmed down. If the emperor had decided to punish him, she wouldn’t have been able to help. Instead, had she rushed in, she would have become a burden to him. With these thoughts, Wu Wei resolved to improve her martial arts as quickly as possible and become his support.

Shang Wuxin glanced at Wu Wei and found that she hadn’t been further harassed by the guards. Without pausing her steps, she kept walking away from the royal study. As for the numerous Imperial guards, none of them were brave enough to irritate her. The crown prince dared to bring a maid to a meeting with the emperor without any explanation. He didn’t even bother saluting, yet he wasn’t punished. Moreover, his personal maid was so difficult to deal with. Many people suspected that the former crown prince had been concealing his strength and biding his time. From this day on, many people in the palace started dreading the crown prince, whom they had previously looked down on the most.

“Eunuch Xu ah, you tell Me, did I do something wrong!” Emperor Shang was staring at the shut golden door, feeling anxious for a short moment, but he could only speak his thoughts to his attendant. As soon as he stepped out of this study, he could not say anything, and could not show anything on his face.

“How could Your Majesty be wrong?” Eunuch Xu earnestly replied. He knew the reason for many of His Majesty’s actions. If only…

Emperor Shang smiled. Even if he made a mistake, no one would dare say anything. Nevermind. Thinking of the crown prince’s behavior just now, he suddenly came to a decision.