(144) Midnight Snack

In the middle of the night, Shang Wuxin had suddenly awakened, not because of external factors but because of a nightmare.

Wu Ju sat up and entered the room after hearing the sound of the crown prince’s voice. She then asked, “Does the crown prince need water?” Wu Ju had long gotten used to waking up in the middle of the night and staying up all night.

Most of the time, the crown prince would only sleep in the morning, so she would sleep until the sun rose.

“What time is it?” Shang Wuxin get out of bed and se went to the table and poured water for herself.

However, Wu Ju stepped forward and said, “Crown Prince, this water has been cold for a long time!” However, just as she finished speaking, she saw the crown prince drink the cold tea. She was worried. She didn’t know why, but she felt that this crown prince seemed to be hiding a myriad of troubles in her heart.

“Is the crown prince want to continue sleeping?” she asked as she looked out at the dark night.

Shang Wuxin shook her head, “Take a rest, I’ll take a walk around!” When she was in the crown prince’s residence, when she woken up in the middle of the night she will walked around the hall.

Now, other than being drunk and Nangong Qian sleeping with her, she would not be able to sleep at this place.

Shang Wuxin was about to walk out of Nangong Qian’s chamber only to discover that the chamber next to her was brightly lit.

Shang Wuxin didn’t know that this was Nangong Qian’s chamber. He didn’t expect that Nangong Qian still hadn’t fallen asleep at this hour. She thought about how hard Nangong Qian had worked to grow up in such a difficult situation, and she also didn’t know how much effort he had put in …

Other than the effort she put in when she first arrived in this world, the more people she could use around her became more and more idle. She thought of her subordinates, the current loyal to her, Huan Moche and Leng Yufeng, and even her father who was in the palace, as if she had gained a lot from entering this world.

Thinking of Shang, she walked towards the side room, just in time to see a servant in the distance carrying a snack.

The servant was obviously very surprised to see Prince Shang. He bowed to him and then handed the plate to Prince Shang with some apprehension.

His meaning was self-evident. Every time the Prince Qian was busy deep into the night or at dawn, he always bring a midnight snack. the Prince would quickly put it down. He felt that if Prince Shang accept it, he definitely wouldn’t be in trouble.

Shang Wuxin, who was supposed to reject it, she looked at the Nangong Qian room and accepted it. Unknowingly, her attitude towards Nangong Qian had softened a lot.

When Prince Shang took the plate, the servant respectfully bowed and retreated. He felt that Prince Shang might not be as heartless as he usually was, and that his master might not be as cold-blooded as he used to be.

Shang Wuxin knocked lightly on the door, hearing the sound of assent from the inside before she carried the plate into the room. When he walked into the room, he saw that the entire room was glowing with pearls. Nangong Qian was dressed in a snow-white robe as he sat in front of a desk, his jade like face was clean and expensive, a thousand times the color of a country. His black hair hung down to his waist, under the gentle night light, he was extremely beautiful.

Shang Wuxin placed the plate on the desk without saying a word. What was prepared for the midnight snack was only a plate of porridge and a few more nutritious meals, which looked tasty and easy to digest.