(74) Nangong Qian's Assassination

The sun was high in the sky, and the scenery in this forest was very beautiful. At this moment, Nangong Qian and Shang Wuxin were leisurely strolling in the forest. In the distance stood Leng Zi, and a subordinate of Nangong Qian.

“This King has never had such a view of the scenery since I was ten years old!” Nangong Qian sighed with emotion, “Previously, I had always don't like it, but now it seems that this scenery is really good!”

Perhaps it was because the people around him were very good, but before they had gotten along for even a day, Nangong Qian wanted the time to stop. This young man could stay by his side so meekly.

Shang Wuxin put her fair right hand in front of her eyes and looked at the bright sunlight through her fingers. Her entire body was bathed in this warmth, and the corners of her lips curled up slightly. Even if it wasn’t a warm smile, it was a smile that could topple a country. Fortunately, this smile allowed Nangong Qian to take in his sight. A glint of determination flashed across his eyes.

“If you walk too fast, you’ll always ignore the scenery around you!” In fact, it was not just Nangong Qian, but she as well. She had always been moving forward, never stopping, never looking. She was here to take revenge for her own survival.

Nangong Qian raised his hand to shield Prince Shang from the scorching sun, and Shang Wuxin’s eyes, which were still rusty from the sunlight, could be completely opened.

She listened to Nangong Qian’s voice beside her ear, “The sun is so bright and you still look so unblinking, you’re not afraid of hurting your eyes!”

Nangong Qian’s voice was extremely serious and casual, as if it was just a casual remark. However, if Shang Wuxin raised her head at this moment, she would see the concern and possessiveness in Nangong Qian’s eyes, causing Nangong Qian to exude a sense of taboo.

As for Nangong Qian, he looked at the boy who lowered his head, wanting to touch the top of the boy’s black hair. Perhaps because the surrounding environment was too good, Nangong Qian did not have the spare time to stretch out his hand, but before he could stroke the boy’s long hair, his had was stopped. He heard Prince Shang’s cold voice, “How unpleasant!”

Nangong Qian did not retract his hand; he could already feel that there was someone approaching with a strong killing intent. Nangong Qian’s hand gently caressed the top of the youth’s head, but he quickly retracted it before the youth could resist.

“Prince Shang, rest assured, I will not let anything happen to you!” Nangong Qian said confidently. His hand that was stroking Prince Shang’s hair kept on stroking it. He even had a thought that he did not want to wash his hands.

Nangong Qian was making a promise, a promise that he had never even made to his own sister. He knew how selfish he was. In a life and death situation, he could not guarantee whether or not he would be willing to abandon himself to protect others. All along, what he had sacrificed was other people’s lives, but at this moment, he was willing to protect this youth.

Towards Nangong Qian’s rare promise, Shang Wuxin did not feel the slightest bit of emotion. Her entire body became dark and gloomy, her breath became dark and cold, and even the surrounding wind turned cold. Her voice was strange, “I can’t take the lives of anyone!”

Nangong Qian’s bright phoenix eyes were like the eyes of a vicious beast from ancient times. They were cold and savage, as if they could swallow anything! He looked at the assassins in front of them, the smile on his face became frightening. Those people were really worried, even in the country of Shang, he never let go of this thoughts!

“It seems like it wasn’t easy for Prince Qian in Nangong!” As Shang Wuxin looked at the dozens of assassins in front of her, she instantly understood that these people were not here to kill her but to kill Nangong Qian. Shang Wuxin had always known that even though Nangong Qian had a lot of power and influence in the Nangong Country, Nangong was like Shang Country with many princes. The only difference was that Emperor Shang supported his own daughter, whereas the Nangong Imperial Clan did not support the best Nangong Qian, but oppressed Nangong Qian. Nangong Qian had grown up from a powerless prince who resisted his Imperial Father’s suppression. In some ways, Shang Wuxin knew that he was inferior to Nangong Qian.