(84) Third Prince, Shang Chenying

The carriage stopped at a lake in the capital. It was not the most beautiful lake in the capital, but it was extremely beautiful under the sunlight.

The carriage stopped by the lake at the last moment. When the carriage stopped, everyone looked at the carriage with their necks stretched. There were many young ladies who wished they could open the carriage and see the elegance of the Crown Prince. He had thought that the Crown Prince would not be enlightened, but now that there was a girl in the Crown Prince’s Palace, it meant that everyone had a chance.

The two driving the carriage were Leng Zi and Wu Wei, and beside them was an empty space for them to wait on at any time. However, these three subordinates made everyone feel different. A young master of the General’s Estate served as his subordinate, a woman served as his guard, and a maid served him beautifully.

The first to get off the carriage was the purple-clothed Nangong Qian. The handsome side of his face was carved in an arc of ice and his body was accompanied by a cold arrogance that seemed to transcend the mundane world.

Everyone stood up when they saw the Prince Qian. Although Prince Qian did not have any rights in the State of Shang, in the Kingdom of Nangong, he represented power. There were many times when nations were at odds with each other, but there were also times when they were partners. Who didn’t want to curry favor with someone who had the right to do so?

Before they were shocked by the Prince’s appearance, they saw the Crown Prince walking down from the carriage. Today, the Crown Prince was wearing a black robe. His lips weren’t touched by beads, his eyebrows weren’t drawn, and his facial features were so exquisite that it seemed like a gift from the heavens.

Nangong Qian looked at Prince Shang who came down, and his face relaxed a little but he still did not look good. The three of them were sitting in the carriage. Lady Han was sticking to the crown prince too much. His heart and stomach were aching from watching her act like this. Therefore, he jumped down the carriage as soon as the carriage arrived, afraid that he would lose his identity.

“Crown Prince!” A coquettish voice came from the carriage, and everyone’s hearts tightened as they realized that this woman was probably the young lady by the crown prince’s side. At this moment, the crown prince was actually bringing along the young woman who had stayed in the brothel for so long, causing many people to feel that she must have been doted upon by the crown prince.

A hand stretched out from the carriage. This hand was slender but extremely fair. It clearly had white joints, but as the sunlight shone on it, it dazzled the eyes of the crowd.

“The Crown Prince won’t help your servant?” The sound of resentment could be heard from the carriage. Shang Wuxin’s entire body trembled, and she stared at the carriage in disgust.

Nangong Qian found it funny. Even though he still hated that woman, from the way they were getting along, it seemed that the crown prince and this woman were friends. As for why the crown prince let this woman by his side, Nangong Qian didn’t think much of it because as long as it wasn’t someone he loved, Nangong Qian wouldn’t mind.

“Prince Shang, aren’t you going to attend the beautiful lady’s invitation?” Nangong Qian joked to Prince Shang beside him. I told you to bring the woman with you to the brothel! Nangong Qian was gloating in his heart. This was an emotion that he had never had before, but now seeing Prince Shang clenching his teeth and holding onto that hand, Nangong Qian instantly felt that his previous gloating mood was gone. He only wanted to chop off that woman’s hand and hold the hand of the crown prince in his own.

When the Crown Prince led out the owner of the hand, the crowd let out a “hiss” of surprise. It was not because Nangong Qian and Shang Wuxin were not handsome, but because their identities were there and they were men. Even if they were handsome, they did not have much to marvel at.