Imagine 12: Tony

I looked in my closet, sighing loudly as I placed my hands on my hips. Tonight, my dad was making me come to his little party for all his rich, snobby friends and business partners. I was supposed to dress fancy, and not that I didn't mind dressing up, but I didn't have any good dresses for this occasion, or so I thought. As I dug through my closet, I smiled proudly as I pulled out a dress that I thought I had lost years ago. It was a gorgeous purple gown, form-fitting at the top, flowing down gently at the waist. The long sleeves were tight and were perfect for this chilly, outside party. I slipped into the dress, glad it still fit. I grabbed my white pumps, stepping into them. I walked into my bathroom, letting my hands rest against the sink counter.

"What am I going to do with you?" I asked myself, tugging at a loose strand of hair. I decided to brush through it (screaming "ow" many times, of course) and do a round four-strand braid. After applying some black and purple eye-shadow, liquid eyeliner, and mascara, I was ready to leave. I slung my sparkly, white clutch over my shoulder. I stepped outside, smiling slightly as I saw a black stretch limo. The window rolled down, showing my dad. I laughed, walking toward the car.

"Hey, dad." I smiled, opening the door.

"Hey, princess!" He teased, fully aware I hated that nick-name. "I'm kidding, kidding, Y/N."

I rolled my eyes, buckling my seat-belt as the driver started the car up again. My eyes flickered closed as my dad drowned on about how I should act, who I should talk to, I should really try and make connections, you should've worn that other dress, blah, blah, blah. I felt a finger prod my shoulder, causing me to jump awake.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, blinking my eyes multiple times.

"We're here." My dad grumbled, walking out of the car with a huff, not bothering to wait for me. I groaned, stumbling out of the car in my tired haze. I held onto my clutch, the silver chain dangling down. I walked around the large mansion that would be my dad's house. People bustled around, sparkling champagne in hand while they talked among themselves. I sighed, my heels clicking against the granite tiles. A waiter approached me, offering me a glass of champagne. I smiled a thanks as I grabbed the small glass, lightly sipping the drink . I found a spot to sit, looking around.

"Ah, this must be little Miss. Y/N!" Someone boomed, slapping a hand on my shoulder from behind. I rolled my eyes, sucking in a breath as I stood. I plastered a fake smile on my face, turning around to see a group of old men.

"Yes, I'm she."

"My, you've grown." He chuckled.

"Yes. You are?" I asked, growing impatient with odd comments and creepy demeanor.

"Charles Damion. Used to work for Stark Industries, but that bastard fired me!" He cackled. I nodded, raising my eyebrows with disinterest.

"Sounds riveting. Mr. Stark only hires the best of the best, so it's quite a surprise you got the job in the first place, Mr. Damion. My father has told me plenty about you, and I'm surprised you even got into the building."

Charles chuckled, along with the nervous banter of his companions. "Still have that fire, don't we?"

"Please." I groaned, walking away. Not to my surprise, he followed.

"Mr. Stark doesn't know talent when he see's it, Miss. Y/N."

"He does, which is why you were fired." A new voice spoke. We turned, only to face Tony Stark himself. I chuckled at the irony, turning to Charles.

"Hm." I said simply. "Well, if that doesn't prove it to you, Charles, I'm not sure what will. I'll have someone escort you out."

Charles grumbled as he walked away, his head hanging with shame and embarrassment. I turned to Tony, smiling softly.

"Well, he's a bundle of stupid mixed with creepy." I commented.

"Always has been." Tony said simply, downing his glass of alcohol.

"Good thing you fired him. When he worked for my dad, he tried to steal my dad's files."

Tony nodded, looking toward me. "Well, you know my name, but I don't know yours."

I giggled, blushing slightly as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Y/N. I'm Davids daughter, the host of this whole crap-party."

"Not a fan of social outings?"

"Not a fan of creepy old dudes trying to make obnoxious deals with each other."

"Where's your scene at?"

"A lab, or something. I like astronomy and other sciences."

He nodded, eyes widening in another direction.

Found a prettier whore? I asked myself sarcastically, but as I turned, my eyes widened too. My dad was storming toward me, his face red with anger. I swallowed, biting my lip.

"I've been here like, ten minutes. What the hell did I do?" I whispered.

My dad finally made it to me, grabbing my arm roughly, pulling me aside.

"How dare you speak to one of my former employees like that?!" He hissed. "That was extremely out of order, are you a child?"

"Dad, Charles Damion tried to overthrow your business! He was being a creep and was bashing on Mr. Stark!" I objected.

"What, you mean the douchey, alcoholic young man over there who just so happened to inherit his fathers fortune?"

"Dad!" I gasped, pulling away from him. "And you say I'm acting like a child. Mr. Stark has been very nice to me."

My father stared at me, before storming off.

"What was that all about?" A familiar voice spoke behind me.

"Just my dad being an ass. He thinks I cant handle business. Just because I didn't follow in his foot-steps of the money making business, he just... he's always been so mean about it, I guess. We used to have a good relationship. Then I told him I wanted to go to college and study astronomy and astro-physics and he turned so cold. A few months before I went off to college, my mom passed away." I explained, turning to my dad's direction. I breathed, turning back to Tony. "And it got even worse. It's better now, but.. our relationship still has some rough patches."

Tony nodded, seemingly understanding. "I get it. My mom was never home and my dad was the same, but we never had a good relationship, with his alcoholism."

I sighed, taking a seat on one of the white leather chairs. I crossed my legs, closing my eyes. "Well, that's one thing we have in common."

Tony laughed, sitting next to me. He draped his free arm over my shoulders, and surprisingly, I didn't protest. His hold felt comforting and natural.

"Lord, it's been quite the day for you, hasn't it?" Tony chuckled sympathetically.

"God only knows." I mumbled. I sighed, turning to face my father who was giving me a "come here now" motion. I stand, aggravated, turning to Tony. "Well, it was nice speaking with you, Mr. Stark, but it seems as if my dad is cutting our time together short."

Tony stood with me, holding out his hand. I went to shake it, blushing with surprise as he lightly kissed my knuckles. I sent him a small smile, biting my cheek.

"It's Tony to you." He smirked cheekily, slipping something into my palm. I walked off with hesitance, completely okay with the lecture I was already beginning to get blasted in my ear, as I had Tony Stark's number, his kiss still lingering on my hands. I giggled quietly, biting my lip.

Maybe parties weren't so bad after all.