Imagine 18: Steve part 2

After weeks of arguing, talking, worrying and debating, I had finally agreed to allow Steve to take part in Stark's 'experiment'. (as much as I hated that term) He was elated when I said yes; showering me with kisses and hugs, and of course many "thank-you's." We were both currently all dressed and ready, heading to the lab. I was worried sick, wanting to take back my permission, but seeing his expression of pure happiness, I couldn't bare myself to say anything. He caught my stare, smiling back. I squeezed his bony, yet warm and soft and hand.

"Are you excited?" I offered a small smile.

"Nervous, but excited." He smiled widely, turning to face straight ahead. "How about you, sweetheart?"

I sighed, the corner of my lips tugging upwards. "Do you want my honest feelings, or do you want me to sugar coat it?"

"Honest, Y/N, you know me."

"Just making sure." I giggled, pausing. "I'm worried. I don't want anything to go wrong. I'm happy you're happy, though. As long as you're ok."

Steve smiled, kissing my hand. "Stark is amazing, you have nothing to worry about."

We had quickly made our way to our designated destination, greeting Mr. Howard Stark. I shook his hand, rolling my eyes as he kissed my hand. He shook Steve's hand, taking him on his arm and explaining a few things. I followed behind, listening intensively. Not before long, it was time. I held Steve before he stepped in the machine, almost on the verge of tears.

"Steve, I want you to know that no matter what, strong or not, I love you. You're the most handsome man in my life, and I love you with all my heart. You make me so happy, and-"

"Y/N, I'll be alright, darlin'." He smiled lopsided, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I love you too, sweetheart. You've made me the happiest guy alive. I never thought I'd get such a beautiful girl, and you proved me wrong."

I smiled, hugging him tightly. "I love you, Stevie."

I quickly kissed him passionately, tears trickling down my cheeks as he was ushered inside the machine. Everyone watched with steady eyes as Howard counted the volts. As he neared closer and closer to ten, I grew more nervous, my heart dropped as Steve screamed in pain.

"Stop it!! You're hurting him!!" I yelled, gripping the bar I was leaning over, sobbing loudly.

"No!!" A familiar voice yelled back. "I can do it!"

I bit my lip, sobbing quietly. "Steve..." I mumbled. In a split second, Howard had reached 10 volts, and a burst of light and energy pushed me back, blinding me for a second. I opened my eyes rushing down as the room cleared up. I stood in front of the machine, waiting nervously and patiently as I bit my lip with anticipation. The metal doors opened, a puff of steam escaping. I gasped at the sight before me, smiling uncontrollably.

"Steve." I murmured, watching a very tall, muscly figure step out.

"It worked." Howard murmured. "It worked!" He repeated, cheering with everyone else in the room. I, however, was too entranced by my super-soldier boyfriend. I immediately jumped into his arms, kissing his lips with passion and love. He held me up with ease, one leg on the bottom of my thigh, the other around my waist. A flash made me peel away from his precious lips.

"Captain America locks lips with his dame. Should make front covers."

I chuckled, kissing Steve once more. Other women in the room gawked at him, and normally, I'd be angry, but I couldn't blame 'em. Damn, did he look good.

Though, in mere seconds, I glared hatefully at them, smirking as they got the message and backed off my man.