Imagine 56: Loki

A/N: dedicated to @WaterOfLife202 

sorry this isnt fluffy or a relationship with loki but i loved this idea xx

I sat amongst my friends, far away from my ex-boyfriend. 

"He keeps looking at you." Natasha murmured. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Of course he does." I muttered back. 

Only now did I notice the karaoke machine sitting all alone, though not for long. Revenge to Loki would come in the sweetest way I knew possible; in a bad-ass break up song. I bid Natasha a temporary goodbye and marched over, my heels clicking on the floor. As I stood on that stage and gripped the microphone, never had I felt so bold and confident. After keying in what song I wanted to sing, I tapped the microphone to gain everyone's attention. All eyes were on me, including those devilish emerald ones I so hated to love. 

"Hi, everyone. Tonight, I've picked a very special song for a very special someone." I cooed sarcastically, my eyes meeting Loki's. "Just for you, Mr. Laufeyson." 

Tony howled with laughter, causing me to grin. With that, my music began playing, a proud smirk on my lips. My hips swayed to the beat, just another thing I did purposefully to tease Loki. 

"I bust the windows out your car." I began, laughing momentarily at the whistles and cheers I had been waiting for. "And no, it didn't mend my broken heart, I'll probably always have these ugly scars, but right now I don't care about that part. I bust the windows out your car." I continued, walking around the stage. 

The song progressed and the cheers became louder, only adding my swelling pride. I twirled around, grabbing Tony's hand and pulled him on stage, just to make Loki's blood boil. 

"I didn't know that I had that much strength, but, I'm glad you see what happens when, you see you can't just play with peoples feelings." I sang, the lyrics expressing exactly how I felt.

I caught Loki flirting with another woman who I had seen around him multiple times before. That had been enough for me. Throughout our relationship, Loki had always seemed to tease me and play it off as "loving jokes", but I knew better. 

"Tell them you love them, and you don't mean it." My voice grew louder with each syllable, now pulling Thor onto the stage. I deserved to have my fun, and lord, was I having fun now. 

"After what you did to me, you deserved it, I ain't sorry!!" I sang, twirling around with both of my good friends. Now, Natasha, Pepper, Steve, even Bruce were on stage, laughing with me and dancing, because they felt my pain too. 

"Oh but why am I still crying? Why am I the one who's still crying?" I called out, stopping to look at Loki, but he had gone. I finished the song, dropping the mic with a sigh. 

I felt proud but my heart still ached. The party-goers cheered, whistling and yelling with joy as my performance came to an end. I smiled softly and waved, stepping off stage. Natasha noticed I wasn't as content as I had planned to be, and followed me outside Stark Tower. 

"Hey, c'mon. Don't let him get to you." She smiled gently, pulling me into a hug. I let out a sob, collapsing in her arms. 

I whimpered, sniffling. "Why am I still crying?" 

Nat chuckled sadly, rubbing circles on my back. "Because that's what guys are best at. Breakin' our hearts." She joked lightly, though I had feeling she meant it. 

Nonetheless, it earned a small laugh from me. I peeled away from her grasp, wiping the tears underneath my eyes. 

"C'mon, I need drink." I muttered.

Natasha laughed, slapping my shoulder. "Atta girl, c'mon, Y/L/N. Plenty of other assholes in the sea."

I rolled my eyes and skipped back inside Stark Towers, the pain diminished, but not gone. 

A/N: maybe a part two? idk