Imagine 50: Loki

A/N: WOO-HOO!!! this is my 50th imagine. can i just say thank you? all the positive feedback and all the sweet comments, votes, and all of you beautiful readers make this so worth it. i can't believe i have over 16,000 reads. its unbelievable. bless all of you!!! 

this is dedicated to wait_what_why <3

Loki and I were on the battlefield. It was just a regular invasion. Vanaheim was having more problems and of course, Asgard was called to solve them. Because it was just a simple job, Loki was fine with me coming. 

"I'm going to go rescue civilians." I informed Loki. He gave me wary look, nodding nonetheless. I rushed off the side, carrying little kids and shielding their mothers to safety. I had just sheltered a family; as I was walking out, a sharp, warm pain shot through my stomach. I immediately knew what had happened, and swore silently to myself. I fell to the ground with a groan, clutching the wound. I kept quiet, trying to stand. I noticed red seeping through my armor, and that's when I called out for help.

"Loki!!" I yelled, my voice strained. "Someone, help!" 

I whimpered in pain, trying to stop the bleeding. "Loki!" I called out again, my eyes darting around to find him. I finally spotted him; the look on his was pure terror. He raced over to me, immediately trying to heal me. 

"Too deep." I rasped. "I love you Loki. I love you so much." I whispered. 

Loki let out a choked cry, pulling me to his lap. "No, don't say that. Don't say goodbye." 

I gave him a small, relaxed smile as tears of my own began to spill. "It's ok. You'll be ok." I muttered; suddenly, breathing became hard.

Loki cried over my dying body, clutching to me helplessly. 

"I love you, Loki." I repeated. 

"I love you more, dearest." He sobbed quietly, a small, sad smile gracing his features. He leaned down to kiss me; and in my last breath, I shared it with him.

----

Loki was broken. As broken as he already was, he shattered even more. The love of his life had died, after a mere three months after his mother. Loki shut everyone out; instead of being angry and destructive, he was depressed and quiet. Thor had tried so hard to get Loki out and happy again, but he was too far in depression to come out. 

And here I was, watching in Valhalla with Frigga. We stood side-by-side, sighing softly as Loki cried. 

"When will I be able to go back?" I asked quietly. 

It turns out, the magic that was running through my veins gave me the ability to rise after death. Though, I had to wait for my energy to return. 

"Soon, my dear. I hope it comes quicker than it is destined to be. I can't stand to watch him so upset for much longer." 

I linked my hand with her's, smiling softly. "Is it hard? To not be able to speak with him? To be... dead?"

Frigga laughed softly. "It upsets me some days, yes. I know one day we'll all be reunited. Times like these, I wish I could be with my family again." She paused. "But sometimes I can visit my boys and husband in their dreams. It eases me that Loki has you."

I smiled, squeezing her hand. "That mean's a lot."

She chuckled. "It isn't bad here, either. I get to see my mother and father, as well as my passed friends. It was hard at first, but I've gotten used to it. This is my life now."

I nodded, watching Loki wipe his tears and stand. Frigga drew her hand horizontally across the illusion, smiling as it vanished into thin air. 

"Let's go have some dinner, dear." 

In the middle of our meal, I felt very warm, and things got very bright. I looked down at my hands; which were illuminating a bright, yellow light. I was glowing. It was time. I turned to Frigga.

"I'll miss you." I said sadly.

"I shall miss you too, my dear. You belong with Loki, not here. Not yet." She responded, her motherly tone music to my ears. "Tell my family I say hello, and I love them."

"I will. I love you."

 I gave her a hug and kiss, closing my eyes and thinking of Asgard; the necessary steps to returning. Frigga warned me it would hurt, and boy, did it. I gasped as the pain and bright light took over; in a split-second I was on the familiar marble floors. I stood slowly, feeling a bit dizzy. When it passed, I ran to Loki's room. I practically kicked down the door; running inside to find Loki.

"Get o-" He began, eyes widening when he saw me. Tears instantly began dripping from his emerald eyes. "Y/N..." He whispered. I nodded, running to his arms. 

"I'm alive, sweetheart." I muttered in the crook of his neck. Loki was now sobbing loudly, gripping at my shoulders like he was afraid of falling. Suddenly, he pulled out of the hug and kissed me like never before; though, that was expected. He began whispering sweet-nothings in my ear, along with how much he missed me. 

"I missed you too, honey. I'm back now." I hushed him, pecking his lips again. "Now, let me explain a few things." I started, earning a small chuckle from my boyfriend.