Imagine #2: Tony

A/N: Y/D/N stands for Your Daughters Name

I sighed, rocking my baby back and forth, singing a gentle, soothing lullaby. Ever since I had given birth to our beautiful baby girl, Tony had become busier. It was sad, but I knew he loved his work. And Tony didn't like it either. He wished he could see his wife and his daughter more often, but still needed to work. I missed him dearly, and wanted my daughter to have her father in her life.

What if it's always like this?

I thought to myself, shaking the thought away.

You're being silly, Y/N.

Now that Y/D/N was asleep, I softly placed her in her crib, covering legs with a blanket. I walked downstairs, settling myself on the couch. I had only gotten into 10 minutes of my show, when Tony burst through the door, obviously drunk. He could barely walk, and was mumbling something inaudible.

"Tony?" I asked, anger hinting behind my voice.

"What?" He slurred, falling on the couch.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

"O-only a little bit, Y/N." He muttered, rolling on his back.

"Were you at work today?"

He burped, sighing loudly. "Nope." He said simply, popping the 'p'.

"So you mean to tell me you lied and got drunk, while I'm at home spending time with our daughter?!" I growled, raising my voice.

He groaned, shrugging. "I guess."

I let out a sob, anger rising inside me. "You need to be at home, not out getting drunk, Tony! Your daughter needs a dad, an-and I can't raise her alone!" I cried.

He mumbled something along the lines of 'whatever'.

"You asshole!!" I yelled, pushing his chest. "You don't even care! Yo-you don't want a kid, you probably don't even lo-love me!" I stuttered, tears streaming down my face. In the midst of all this yelling, I heard an innocent cry, coming from Y/D/N's room.

"Just get the hell out." I hiccuped, storming upstairs to calm down Y/D/N.

********************************************************************************

It had been a rough night without Tony. I had finally gotten Y/D/N to fall asleep again, and now, here I was, sitting alone, trying to sleep, but failing miserably. I closed my eyes, feeling myself drift off as the door opened slightly. I shifted and turned to face Tony. I sighed and turned back over, not in the mood to deal with him.

"Y/N." He sighed, sitting on the arm of the couch. I scooted over more, ignoring him.

"Listen, Y/N, I-" Tony began, but was interrupted by Y/D/N's crying. I huffed and stood up quickly, walking quickly to her room. She woke from her nap, wailing loudly, thrusting her arms around. When she saw me, she calmed down a bit, her face softening as she reacher up for me, grabbing the air with her soft, tiny hands.

"Good morning my little angel." I cooed, giving her the normal wide smile. "Did we sleep well?" I asked as I picked her up, cradling her near my face, placing a big kiss on her porceline cheek.

She blew a raspberry, squealing. Y/D/N couldn't talk much, just little sylabbles or letters.

"I'll take that as a yes, angel." I giggled, mesmerized by her clear hazel eyes. Something she had gotten from her father. "Are we hungry?" I asked, though it was a retorical question. Of course she was hungry. But, I waited for her normal squeal of delight, and as expected, she did. I nodded my head and made my way downstairs, bouncing her lightly in my arms.

As I entered the kitchen, I realized Tony was still in the living room, slumped on the couch. His eyes looked red, but I assumed it was because he was heavily hungover.

"Jarvis, do I have a bottle made, or do I need to make one?" I asked our AI.

"There are no bottle's prepared, Ms.Stark."

"Thank you." I mumbled, grabbing a bottle from the dish washer, setting on the counter. I placed Y/D/N in her high chair.

"Be a good girl for mommy while I make breakfast, alright?" I smirked, pinching her nose gently. She giggled, slamming her little arms on the tray. I turned around and began mixing the formula together, testing it on my skin. When the bottle was finished, I turned around and saw something I didn't expect to see. Tony sat on the island, Y/D/N sitting half on his lap, half on his arm. He was staring at her lovingly, absoloutly entranced by our creation. I quietly walked over to the two of them, coughing lightly to gain his attention. Y/D/N continued to play with his shirt, while Tony looked up.

"You can feed Y/D/N her breakfast if you want." I whispered, holding out the bottle. He smiled weakly, taking the bottle from my hand. He held it above her mouth, but I knew Y/D/N wouldn't feed like that. "No, like this." I said gently, taking his hands and positioning the bottle correctly.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry." He said abrudtly. "I don't know why I went and got drunk, and lied, and I feel like a such an ass."

You should. I thought to myself.

"I've been a horrible husband and father lately, and I want to change that. I want to be here to grow up with Y/D/N. I don't know what I can do to make it up to you, but I promise I'll be here more. I... I don't know what I'd do without you. When Pepper left me-"

Pepper. That scum that cheated on my husband.

"When Pepper left me, I was so alone. And now I couldn't be happier. I have a beautiful daughter, and a beautiful wife. I love you Y/D/N."

I sighed, leaning against the counter top. "Listen. I'm glad you're apologizing an seeing what you've done wrong, but I can't forgive you. You're going to have to do a lot more to make up for all you've missed. You can't continue to lie and miss out on your daughters life. I can't continue to raise her alone, and I don't want to. We planned her Tony. She wasn't a mistake. We wanted a kid. Don't let me think it was mistake having a child with you."

He stayed silent for a bit, nodding lightly. He looked broken, ashamed and sad. And although I was originally angry with him, my heart couldn't help but melt at the sore sight- he was the first man I ever loved. Suddenly, my anger and stubbornness was gone, and my arms were wrapped tightly around him.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, caressing my head. "I'm so, so, sorry."

Unsure of what to say, I laughed nervously and shrugged. "You're an idiot, but I love you."

A/N: Sorry! I didn't know how to end this one. Please send in requests!