Imagine 70: Loki part 2

"I want to break up." I sobbed, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Loki looked shocked, finally showing some emotion; it was raw, and ironically in itself, beautiful.

He knew this was best. He knew he didn't want to let me go, but why would he hold onto the one thing he loved most, only to ruin her?

He would have.

He would have ruined her. And he couldn't bare.

"I n-need to leave." I spluttered nervously, afraid of his reaction.

He let me go. He let me pack my things and walk away, not even reaching a hand out to catch my wrist, pull me into his chest and promise he'd change.

And that made it easy. At least, the leaving.

Loki was self-absorbed and obsessed with power. Negativity clouded his brain. Anger, jealousy and sorrow made him unable to function.

It was driving me crazy. Our relationship wasn't stable. Outbursts were no new occurrence for me. Loki turned into a child I took care of instead of a significant other.

The Y/N Loki fell in love with had been deteriorated by his crazed attitude.

And then, half a year later, I made my way to find him. Loki deserved someone to love, and I couldn't be it; nonetheless, he was the one I deserved to love. We just didn't fit together.

"I belong with you, Y/N-"

I laughed sadly, my fingers slipping from his and to my cheek to wipe away a tear.

"If only.." I murmured.

Loki paused a moment before springing to his feet. He pulled me to his chest like he should have done months ago. I gasped, softly wrapping my hands around his arms. He desperately clung to me, aware any moment I'd be gone; again.

An abundance of "please dont leave's" were murmured in my ear, hot breath hitting my ear, sending chills down my spine. 

Loki lifted me slightly, arms protectively wrapped around my waist.

"Please."

I sniffled, my face buried in his neck. I nodded, grasping him and holding him. If he was bad for me, so be it. I never wanted good anyway.

A/N: YAY for happy endings!