Imagine 22: Bruce

I walked hand in hand with my six year old niece, Sierra, who had quite the inkling with anything science. Though she was dressed in a bright pink tutu, she loved math, science and being outdoors. 

"Auntie Y/N, I want to go to this booth." She whined, tugging on my hand. For an early birthday present, I decided to take her to a science convention. There were experiments on display and so far, she was loving every minute of it. 

I looked to the direction her tiny finger was pointing in, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know, sweetie." 

The chemicals at the table looked a little dangerous for a six year old, and as a forming lab worker, I knew what they could do if she came in contact with them.

"Please! I promise I'll be careful." She offered, sticking her bottom lip out. I smirked lightly.

"Alright. But don't touch anything, sweetie." I warned, walking over to the booth with her. I lifted her on my hip so she could see a little better.

The man at the booth smiled, waving a little at Sierra. 

"Hi!" She smiled widely. Sierra squirmed in my arms, whining for me to put her down. I rolled my eyes, placing her on the ground. She rushed toward the booth, accidentally hitting the table and knocking off a beaker. I gasped, and before I could think, I used my telepathy abilities to hold the beaker in the air so it wouldn't hit Sierra. Sierra gawked at me, widening her eyes, as did the man at the booth. I placed it back on the booth, biting my lip.

"Uhm..." I muttered.

"You have magical powers, Auntie?!" Sierra screeched.

"Shh, honey." I whispered, kneeling in front of her. "You can't tell Mommy about this, ok?"

"Miss?" The man muttered. I looked up, my heart sinking. I'd probably get reported and arrested, or worse, tested on. "You don't have to worry. I'm Bruce Banner." He smiled, holding out his hand. I shook it, smiling gently.

"Nice to meet you. So you won't tell anyone?" I whispered. 

"Miss, if I get angry, I turn into a giant, green, rage monster. I doubt telepathy is worse."

I giggled, nodding. "I'm Y/N. This is Sierra. For her birthday I thought I'd take her to see the booths."

"You like science?" Bruce smiled, looking at Sierra. She nodded her, smiling.

"The boys at school tell me I can't like science, 'cause I'm a girl. So I punched him in the face and told him when I'm older, I'm gonna make a chemical mixture to turn him into a frog." She explained, giggling childishly. 

Bruce chuckled, widening his eyes, listening as if this was the most interesting thing he's ever heard. I smiled down at Sierra, ruffling her hair. She groaned, pushing my hand off of her head. 

"Well, Sierra, would you look to help me with this experiment?" He offered after I nodded with approval. 

Sierra nodded, rushing behind Bruce's table. He showed her how to safely mix the chemicals and explained what they each did. When the two chemicals mixed and changed from a foggy white color to a steaming, hot pink color, Bruce explained why this happened. Sierra listened intently, nodding her head happily. Soon, as six year olds do, Sierra got tired, letting her small head rest on my shoulder. 

"I'm sorry to cut our time short, but I think Sierra needs to get home." I whispered, trying not to wake her. 

"It's alright. She was fun to teach. It's always to see young girls take an interest in science. Most don't because they get discouraged, just for being a girl. I hope she goes far."

"I mean..." I paused. "If I give you my number, maybe you could teach her more often, if you do that sort of thing. I can pay you, too, I don't expe-"

"Y/N, don't worry. I'd happily teach Sierra more about science." He chuckled, writing down his number. I blushed, smiling softly as he handed me the slip of paper. I stuck it in my purse, nodding my head, blushing even more when he kissed my knuckles. I waved goodbye, holding in my squeals of excitement. 

Sierra may like Biology most, but I have to say, Chemistry seems to be in my favor right now.

A/N: Thank you all SOSOSOSOSOSOSO much for over 5k reads! I never thought I'd get here. I honestly expected maybe 100 reads at most? But the feedback I've gotten over this month has been extradinary. I owe you all sososo much. Thank you, again, for the billionth time. Kisses! 

xxpayton