Imagine 46: Loki

I danced around in the living room with Natasha, Tony, Steve, Bruce, Clint and Thor. We were blasting music, singing along; well, more like shouting and straining our voices. I grabbed Natasha's hands, twirling her around as Tony tried to get Steve and Bruce to dance with him. I guess grinding isn't their thing. 

"Could you turn down that inferior noise!? It's driving me insane!" A voice shouted irritatingly over the music. Everybody sighed, and complied to Loki's request. Instead, I rolled my eyes, marching over to Loki.

"You aren't king of Stark Towers, Loki. If anything, Tony is. So, no, we won't turn down the music." I said sternly, standing tall. 

Loki sighed, smirking lightly. "Is that so?"

I hummed. "Steve, can you turn the music up?" I asked politely. Steve obeyed, turning the music back up. Loki growled with annoyance. 

"Do you think yourself above me?"

"No. But I don't think you're self-worth is more than me, either." I said simply. "You're more welcome to join us." 

I ended, walking back over to the group. I laughed as Tony still struggled to find a dance partner. I held his wrist, twirling him into my chest. Tony smiled thankfully, laughing himself. As I spun around in Tony's arms, I flickered my eyes toward Loki. He sat by himself, gaze on the ground. I excused myself from the mini-party, walking over to Loki. I sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"C'mon, party pooper." I teased, nudging him. Loki sighed. 

"I don't need to join you all."

I rolled my eyes, standing with his hands in mine. I tugged him upward childishly. 

"Dance with me." I pouted. Loki chuckled softly, a small smile gracing his lips. He stood with a sarcastic whine, gripping my hands a bit tighter. He spun me around gently, finally dancing with me. I pulled him toward the others, smiling softly as a slower song came on. 

"You know, no one has ever stood up to me like that."

I playfully scoffed. "Really? Try everybody in this building." I teased quietly.

"Well, none have ever really mattered to me."

I blushed, leaning into his chest. "Well, then, thank you." 

I looked up, quickly standing on my tip-toes to peck his lips. I smiled proudly, twirling out of his arms as the song ended. I threw him a wink, turning to Natasha as a new, upbeat song began.

"I saw that smooch!" Tony laughed over the music. I blushed and rolled my eyes, stealing one last glance at Loki.