Imagine 25: Howard Stark

A/N: this is dedicated to sabrinademelo. (btw go check out her account) hope you enjoy it girl! <3

I sighed, running a hand through my messy hair. It had been weeks since I first started my project, and I was already more than stressed. As a female, I had to prove myself a worthy scientist, otherwise I'd loose my job. I worked in a lab with none other than Howard Stark who didn't make my job easy. Of course, he was extremely handsome, but his constant flirting and teasing were getting on my last nerve. Any other day I'd be open to his flirting, but now wasn't the time to focus on my love-life.

"So, sweetheart, how's the chemistry?" Howard asked me, invading my personal space.

"Fine." I mumbled, oblivious to his repeated attempt to woo me. "I just need to figure out why this chemical isn't reacting. It doesn't seem right."

"I wasn't talking about that chemistry." He smirked.

"Not now, Stark." I sighed, pouring a vial of liquid into a tall beaker. I jumped as the beaker popped, glass shattering everywhere. I patted myself down, not feeling any wounds. I turned to Howard, my breathing heavy. He was extremely close to me.

"Are you alright?" I rasped, my voice small.

He chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine sweetheart. With you so close to me and all."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I bent down picking up the shards of glass as I heard a wolf-whistle. I grabbed a piece of glass, holding it in front of Howard.

"Stark, if you don't shut up, this is going somewhere you really don't want it to go." I hissed. He chuckled, but I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Y/N, I have a deal for you."

"Howard, I'm not sleeping with you." I mumbled, turning back to my work.

He laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I blushed, tensing up.

"I help you solve this experiment, if you go on one date with me."

"Howard, why are you so high-strung on me? You can have any girl you want." I whined, tired of his constant begging.

"Cause you put up a fight. You're smart and you don't want me..." He paused, leaning in toward me. "Nearly half as much as I want you."

I blushed furiously, turning toward him. I offered a shy smile, sighing.

"One date?"

"One date." He repeated.

"Alright, Stark. But I'm not making any promises."

-------

Howard and I went on a date the following night. He took me to a nice restaurant and I surprisingly had an amazing time. As promised, he helped me with my experiment. In less than 3 hours, we had solved it.

I jumped up and down, cheering loudly.

"Thank you!!" I squealed. "God, I could just kiss you!" I blurted, blushing and remaining extremely silent once I realized what I had said. Howard smiled, but not his normal, arrogant smile. He swaggered toward me, cupping my face with one of his hands.

"Then why don't you?" He whispered, leaning in slightly. He paused, his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips.

"Screw it." I thought to myself, erasing the distance between us. I gasped at the contact, wrapping my arms around his neck. He grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him. Our mouths worked in-sync, the occasional breath being taken. I smiled against his lips, realizing I had been crushing on Howard since we first met. We broke for air again, this time taking a longer pause. He leaned in slowly, his lips just in front of mine.

"So. How's that chemistry?" He whispered, causing me to roll my eyes and kiss the lights out of him.