Imagine 20: Clint

A/N: This one is also dedicated to sabrinademelo 

(There is also some swearing in this one.)

I began my workout in the shooting-range, practicing my gun skills. After I had gone through all the targets, I moved in the room with punching bags, trying to work on my hand-to-hand combat. Soon, Steve came in, asking if he could have a little time with the bags. I obliged, moving on to my real skill- bow and arrow. Much like Clint, I had begun using a bow and arrow since I was little. I loved it, and proved to be really good at it. I stood in the practice arena, drawing back my bow. I let it loose, smiling contently as it hit the bulls-eye. I drew the bow up again, letting it slam into the next target. I moved on, grabbing an arrow from the bag on my back, slipping it into my bow. I held the bow and arrow downwards, ready to pull it up toward the target when a voice startled me. Of course, I was quite easy to scare.

"You hit the bulls-eye, but barely." 

I squealed, letting the bow loose, screaming in agony when it made contact with my foot.  I fell to the floor, clutching my ankle as I stared down at my foot which now had an arrow pierced through it. 

"Oh my god!" I screamed. Pain shot up through my leg, a painful throbbing throughout my whole foot. I moaned in pain, letting my head fall against the mat. Someone rushed to my side, who I now realized was Clint.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I-"

"Just get this damn arrow out of my fucking... oh my god." I muttered again, the pain soon causing my sight to blur. 

I felt Clint pick me up, mumbling some things in my ear. 

"How bad is it?" I managed. 

"You'll be alright, Y/N... I'm so sorry."

I groaned, whimpering softly. I was soon placed on a bed and saw Bruce lean over me. 

"Hey, Y/N, how are you holding up?"

"Just get this arrow... just get this arrow out of my foot." I whispered, grabbing Clint's hand. I squeezed it tightly as Bruce inspected it. 

"Am I gonna loose my foot?" I asked, sitting up slightly. 

Bruce chuckled, smiling softly. "No, you won't loose your foot. But you are going to have to go through surgery for me to remove this."

I nodded, looking over to Clint. I gave him a small nod, squeezing his hand one last time as I was rolled into surgery.

 A few hours later, I woke up from the anesthesia. I looked over, smiling sleepily at Clint. I looked down at my foot that was bandaged and elevated. 

"Hey." I mumbled, still a little loopy from the medicine. "Heeey." I repeated, slamming my hand on the bed to get his attention. His eyes snapped open, looking over at me. 

"Hey, you're awake."

"Yeah." I muttered, sitting  up.

"I want to apologize. You probably wouldn't have shot an arrow through your foot if it wasn't for me."

"It's alright." I forgave him, giggling slightly. 

He stood, walking to me and leaning above me. I sat up, looking in his eyes, then at his lips. 

"Uhm..." I whispered. 

"Hm?" He whispered back, leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. I gasped at the contact, reaching a hand to cup his cheek. Sadly, Clint released his lips from mine, smiling softly. 

"Yeah, you're definitely forgiven." I mumbled, bringing my face back up to his.