Imagine 27: Steve

After frantically setting down my towel and beach bag, I stripped off my lacey cover up, sprinting to the water. I squealed as the cold water splashed on my thighs, giggling as my good friend (and crush) Steve walked up behind me. Tony followed suit, splashing Steve with the salty water. Steve glared him, kicking up water.

"I'd watch out, Stark. Steve could easily sling you over his shoulder and throw you in the ocean." I chuckled, sighing happily as another wave crashed against me. Steve laughed, nodding his head in agreement. Tony rolled his eyes, walking away to go bother Clint. I waded into the ocean, turning around to face Steve.

"C'mon, Stevie!" I giggled, holding a hand out to him. He grasped my hand, stumbling in the water. After I helped him up, I hesitantly released his hand. A large wave rolled toward us, and as it got closer, I dived under. After it had passed, I breached, shaking my head and wiping the water off of my eyes. I looked over to Steve just in time to see him shake his head, his blond, messy hair swung to the side. I blushed as his eyes met mine, chuckling. He started laughing hysterically, and I didn't understand why until a large wave pushed me under the water.

"You are dead Rogers!" I screamed, pushing through the heavy water and jumping on him. I managed to pull him down, though I went down with him. We laughed in-sync as we came back up, making our way back to our towels. We tanned for a little bit before heading back to Tony's beach house. I changed into a light, breezy t-shirt dress with a floppy sun hat. I sat myself on the balcony, sipping my iced coffee. I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

"Hey, Steve." I said quietly, a little drained from a day at the beach.

"Hey, Y/N. You ok?" He smiled, and I immediately swooned.

"I'm alright." I smiled tiredly. "Just a bit exhausted."

"Tony said he's having a bonfire after dinner. Care to join me?" Steve asked as he sat next to me.

I gigged, blushing. "Of course, Steve."

So, after a nice dinner of chicken and potatoes, we all walked down to a secluded part of the beach. I sat on one of the logs of wood, next to Steve. I stared the fire, watching the embers flicker and spark. After roasting a few marshmallows, I grew tired, leaning my head on Steve's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. I snuggled up against him, letting my head rest in his lap. Steve threw a blanket around us, adding to my desire to nap. In my sleepy haze, I hadn't realize everyone but Steve and I had packed up and left. He gently shook me, allowing me to slowly sit up.

"I think we should head back, hm?" He chuckled, ruffling my hair. I yawned, nodding my head. I stood, blushing as I felt him wrap his hand in mind. I didn't protest, however, I squeezed it lightly. We walked slowly, listening to the waves crash as the wind blew gently.

"Y/N." He whispered, smiling nervously. Even as his face illuminated by the moonlight, I could still see him blushing.

"Yeah?" I whispered.

"May I kiss you?" Steve whispered back.

I blushed, my stomach lurching. I managed a nod, my eyes widening as he leaned in. In less than a second, our lips had connected, his arm wrapped around my waist, another on my cheek. I wrapped mine around his neck, gently playing with his hair. He kissed me softly and sweetly, as per expected. When he released, he scooped me up, placing another kiss to my cheek. I smiled, kissing his nose, allowing myself to fall asleep in his arms.

A/N: day one of the beach... done! weather wasn't too nice, but luckily, i had time to write THIS! hope you all enjoyed it! i know i did, cause steve is my man!