Imagine 73: Tony

A/N: dedicated to and requested by @WhovianPhanlockian

It had been a rough week. I knew Tony had been working hard.

Probably too hard.

Stress levels had been rising and he had definitely distanced himself from me.

I felt sympathy for my boyfriend of eight months, but I also missed the affection and time I was usually given.

"Tony?" I called out with a sigh, frustration boiling inside me.

There was no reply, and that didn't surprise me.

What did surprise me was the soft sobs of distress coming from down the hallway.

I took a moment to listen, before quickly racing to the door.

"Tony?" I poked my head in our shared bedroom, furrowing my brows as I noticed his curled up figure. "Sweetheart?"

Tony sobbed again.

I knelt next to him on our bed, pulling him onto my lap and running my hand through his hair.

"Sweetheart, whats wrong?" I mumbled softly, leaning down to kiss his tear-stained cheek. "Huh?"

Tony clung to me, holding my hand tightly. 

I frowned, bringing his hand up to my mouth to kiss it.

Again, Tony let out another heart-breaking cry. He burrowed his head in my lap, hair disheveled and messy.

I let him cry in my lap, softly stroking his head to calm him down. Slowly and surely, Tony gathered his bearings and brought his head up to look in my eyes.

I smiled sadly, cupping his cheek. "What's wrong, Tony?"

Tony didn't answer, but he didn't need to. I knew he wasn't ok, and I also knew he didn't want to talk about it. He normally never did.

"Its ok. You don't have to talk." I smiled softly, kissing his temple.

"I love you." He croaked quietly, voice sore from crying.

"I love you too."

Tony sat up and pulled me into a kiss, his hands wrapping around my waist.

He kissed me passionately and desperately, lips hungrily eating at mine.

I smiled against his lips, pulling back momentarily.

Tony smiled softly, laughing sadly. "Well, I'm a mess."

I laughed back, rolling my eyes. "You're my mess, at least."

Tony nodded. "That's a good point."

He kissed me again, anxiety gone away.