Imagine 52: Loki

A/N: dedicated to wait_what_why who is cool af

the tiniest bit of gore/violence

I was standing at my post along with Sif, talking casually, when we both heard distant yelling. I furrowed my eyebrow, grasping my bladed staff just a bit tighter. 

"Frost Giants!!" Someone yelled amongst the other shouting. My stomach dropped. Sif and I immediately ended our conversation, racing toward the screams.

"Where?" I panted once we had reached the other guards. 

Before anyone could answer me, a Frost Giant stepped out and quickly severed the head off of one of the guards. I drew my bladed staff, holding it in front of me. I lunged forward, stabbing him in the neck. Once the Frost Giant fell to the ground, I turned around with a huff, ready to lead the guards.

"Go and make sure there are no others." I demanded, my tone filled with authority. 

Sif obeyed, running off. The rest of the guards stood there like frightened puppies.

 "Go!" I yelled, huffing as they all ran away. 

I sighed to myself, scurrying down the hallway. I entered another room where the first sight I was presented with took my breath away. I saw Loki hiding behind a pillar as a Frost Giant searched the room. Though he had a dagger in his hand, it was my duty to protect him. The loud bang of the doors shutting gained the Giant's attention; and it was set on me. My eyes widened as he came barreling toward me. I quickly drew my staff and held it in front of me, dodging the Giant's every punch. I accidentally sidestepped and that allowed the Frost Giant to grab me by my throat. I gasped at the cold contact, trying to get air into my lungs.

"Hey!!" A voice called. The Frost Giant whipped around, throwing me to the ground like a rag-doll. 

"The forgotten Prince." He snarled, advancing toward Loki. I groaned as my blurred vision cleared, my body aching. I stood, taking a deep breath. I reached for my staff that had fallen to the ground, gripping it tightly in my palm. 

Before the Frost Giant could even breath on Loki, I lunged onto the Frost Giants back and plunged the staff through its chest. I fell down with it, my staff still sitting in its now-bloodied back. With a grunt, I pulled my weapon out of its body, breathing heavily as I stared into the raven-haired Prince's eyes. 

"Y/N?" Loki asked, cocking his head as he raised an eyebrow.

"So you remember me." I smiled crookedly at my childhood friend, walking closer to him. 

"How could I not? I'd never forgot those daring Y/C/E eyes." 

I blushed, chuckling lightly. "We don't have time for flattery. You need to go into protection until this ordeal is sorted."

"I can protect myself." He informed me with pride, lifting his chin slightly.

"Is it? A dagger didn't seem to do you very well." I teased. "Come. Let's get you with your family."

Before leading him out of the room, I peered behind the corner, making sure it was clear. Once I realized it was, I took his wrist in my hand and gently coaxed him down the hall. 

"Thank you for saving me." Loki spoke up.

I blushed, nodding my head. "It's my job. Besides, what was I supposed to do?"

Loki shrugged, offering me a small chuckle. We continued toward the throne room, talking every once in a while.

---

Later that evening, a feast was held in celebration of our success against the intruders. I was sitting with Sif, enjoying a small meal, when Loki had approached me. 

"May I have this dance, m'lady?" He smiled. I rolled my eyes as Sif, standing and blushing ever so slightly as our hands linked together. 

We began to sway to the soft music, my head resting on his chest. One of Loki's arms was softly wrapped around my waist, wheras his other was linked with my hand. I couldn't help but smile; even after all these years, the mysterious 'second son' still lured me in with his shining emerald eyes, cunning smile and adorable laugh.

"I've missed that smile." Loki mumbled, taking me from my own little world. I blushed, looking up at him, my goofy smile still plastered on my face. 

A small giggle escaped my lips as I blushed, looking down in embarrassment. "I've missed you. It's been quite some time."

Loki nodded, pulling me closer toward him. "I apologize. If I could have gotten out of all of the business I had to attend to, and seen you, I would have." 

I smiled, squeezing his hand. "That means a lot, Loki. Thank you." 

"Would you like to go on a walk?" He smiled, bending down slightly to meet my ear.

"Of course." I complied, allowing Loki to take my hand in his and lead me outside. I was instantly met with the nights cool breeze, a shiver running up my back. Loki laughed quietly, draping his cape over my shoulders.

"Oh, thank you." I giggled, admiring the little act of chivalry. We walked around the palace in silence, our hands occasionally brushing, causing my stomach to form knots. 

"It's getting late, I should head back to my quarters." I spoke up hesitantly, pausing in front of my room. "Thank you for such a lovely evening. It was so great seeing you again."

Loki smiled sadly, taking both of my hands in his. "Thank you for saving me." He chuckled. "I hope to see you again." 

I smiled, opening my mouth to respond when lips were quickly pressed against mine. Loki smiled softly, bidding me good night; leaving me a flustered, blushing mess in front of my door.