10. Dance

Antonio’s POV

Antonio’s POV

“Tonio, vamonos!” Manny yelled for me. I put on my light blue blazer and walked out of my room.

“¡Ay que guapo! (Oh how handsome!)” Dolores said. She wore a red dress and Manny had a light red suit on and black pants.

“Te miras como mamá. (You look like mom).” Manny said. I saw the look in his eyes. He misses her. I miss her too. 

“You look fine as wine!” Dina said. She hooked her arm on my arm and we walked to Manny’s car. We drove to the high school for the dance. I’m praying that Manny doesn’t get into a fight with anyone. Lord knows Dolores and I are tired of tending his wounds at night.

Is Michael going to be there? I sure hope so. Maybe I can pull him aside and talk to him.

“Pepe, stick with Tonio. Don’t let him out of your sight.” Manny said to Pepe. Great. I now have a babysitter. This just made my attempts to talk to Mike harder.

We entered the large gym and heard the blast of music. Everyone was mingling with their respective groups. A lot of teens were already loaded, even though the night had just begun.

“Stay close to me. Don’t want any Jewels to hurt you.” Pepe whispered in my ear. 

I waited on the side of the gym and saw everyone dancing with a partner. They all looked to be having an ace time. But I searched the hot and humid room to look for one person in particular. The person who has my heart.

I spotted him across the room, dressed in an elegant and very expensive white suit. His hair was slicked back nicely with his smile bright from every corner of the room. I wished in my head over and over that he would turn and make eye contact with me.

Fuck me, he did!

He turned his head and gave me a smile. I waved at him slightly.

“Who are you waving to?” Pepe asked.

“No one. I have to go to the bathroom.” I said.

“Make sure you come back in five minutes. If not, I’m calling Manuel to look for you.” He said. Oooh, scary...

I began walking through the side of the gym while looking at Michael. He saw what I was doing and began to walk alongside me from the other side of the gym. No one saw what we were doing. We walked until we reached the back of the bleachers. I began to approach him and he met me halfway.

He leaned on the poles of the stand. 

“Finally I can see you again…” Michael said.

“I’ve missed you.” I said.

“We never got to finish before.” He said. He walked closer to me and was practically pinning me to the wall. The waltz music played, the atmosphere now more romantic.

“Can I kiss you?” He asked me. I looked up and nodded. Yes! This is something I want.

He leaned in and kissed me. It was a kiss that I’ve been craving. The dreams and visions I’ve had where I pictured this kiss didn’t prepare me for how magical it actually is. No, this is better than a dream!

“You have no idea how badly I’ve wanted to do that.” He said. He rubbed my chin. I brought my hand up to grip his neck softly.

“That was my first kiss.” I said.

“Did you like it?” He asked.

“Mhm. Better than I imagined.” I said. I hugged him and put my head on his hard chest. I heard his heartbeat pick up. He put his chin on the top of my head. We stayed like that, enjoying our warmth and feelings.

“Everyone is going to be pissed if they found out about this.” I said.

“Then we’ll make sure they never find out.” He said. 

I leaned back up and kissed him. I pulled his tie down and gave him a kiss. There was no tongue. Just raw lips.

“So I was thinking that we should-”

“MALDITO IDIOTA!!” Manny screamed.

“I JUST WANT TO TALK!” I think Jack said.

Great, our moment has been ruined once again.

------

starting college soon. kill me.

bye! i love you all!

<3