17. Attacked

Michael’s POV

Michael’s POV

Getting my dry cleaning, I drove off to the direction of home. Though, I was a bit hungry. Maybe a little food wouldn’t hurt.

I drove around the neighborhood which had your standard nuclear family homes. I’m pretty sure that probably 10 years ago, this place didn’t exist. But my parents, being real estate agents (and more), funded the building of new properties only on the east side. 

I drove into Mulberry Street and drove down it. That’s when I saw a group of Jewels jumping someone. 

I was going to ignore the pounding someone was getting when I saw Bandit holding back a girl. But she was brown, not white. 

Immediately, I began to think something was off about this.

The girl was screaming for them to stop.

I caught a glimpse of the boy getting jumped. Squinting my eyes, my heart stopped.

When I met Antonio, I promised to make sure to protect him. But to protect him, I need to do it by not making it obvious. The first time was when I convinced Jack to not attack Antonio.

Now’s the time to do it again.

I fastened the car and parked unevenly on the sidewalk. I ran out of the car to where the attack was.

“HEY!” I yelled. The Jewels all turned to look at me. Bandit’s eyes bulged out their sockets. He let go of the girl who ran to Antonio’s side.

My poor baby looked beaten up. His face had blood and his clothes were a bit torn. I turned up to look at Archie, who had the most blood on his fist.

“You five,” I spoke in a threatening voice. “Who do you think you are to abuse your power!” I yelled. “You all better split before I slam my fist into your faces! Got that!” I yelled. They all nodded their heads and turned to run away.

“If I see you doing this again, you’ll have to deal with me!” I said to Archie, the one who stayed a bit behind. He too cowered and ran off.

Once they were far enough and rounded the corner, I approached Antonio.

I couldn’t actually hurt the Jewels if I wanted to. I mean, I could, but that would be a bit suspicious if they saw that I was punching a Jewel and protecting a Saint. It’s better that I scare them off 

I got a closer look at Antonio’s face. There was a bit of swelling on his face. His cheeks were bruised. His lips that I kissed a few days ago were bloodied. And his glasses were broken on the sidewalk.

I kneeled down next to Antonio and touched his face.

“What are you doing?” The girl asked. She tried to pry off my hands from Antonio.

“We have to get him home!” I frantically yelled to the girl. I noticed that her blouse she was wearing was also torn and the back side was getting ripped open to expose her back.

“Huh?” She asked, confused at a Jewel being nice to her. 

“Come on! Let’s go!” I said urgently. I picked up Antonio’s body, carrying him bridal style towards my car. “Open the back seat!” I yelled at the girl. She opened it and moved out of the way for me. I placed Antonio’s unconscious body laying down on the back seats.

“Get in with him! Don’t let him roll over!” I yelled to the girl, who was standing there questioning what was going on.

The girl entered the back seat, lifting Antonio’s legs and placing them on her lap. I closed the door hastily and got into the driver’s seat and hit the gas.

“Is he still breathing!?” I asked the girl.

My mind was racing with several thoughts. But I knew one thing; we have to get Antonio home and help him. 

Antonio is the only person I love. I couldn’t imagine losing him just when I found him. My heart shuddered at the thought of losing Antonio. My foot hit the gas and began driving even faster.

“His house is at-” The girl tried speaking before I turned a corner. She yelped and almost fell off her seat.

“I know where it’s at!” I said. I checked my rearview mirror. Antonio was still knocked out cold. 

I saw the look on the girl’s face. She was probably wondering why I knew the location of Antonios’ home. 

As we entered the west side, my heart raced with urgency.

------

within a few chapters, expect the lengths of each one to become longer. i want to start being as descriptive as possible from now on. there are some good chapters coming soon!

bye! i love you all!

<3