Bonus 2: Letter From Petey

Mike was on the roof, nailing down some broken shingles and sweating like crazy. It had been a hard day of labor but in the end, the house was in much better condition. He huffed and began to climb down the ladder. 

“Um, excuse?” Ant said when he saw Mike walk into the house with a sweaty shirt on and a tool box in hand. “I didn’t order a stripper.” He said.

“Well too bad, cute one. Cause I’m here to entertain a handsome gentleman by the name Antonio. Have you seen him anywhere?” He asked. Ant blushed and put his book down.

“That would be me, sir.” He said. Mike set his tool box down and walked towards Ant. 

He removed his shirt and began to straddle Ant. He grinded on his lap and kissed Ant’s neck. 

“Oh, fuck, Mike!” Ant moaned. 

“Go ahead and touch.” Mike said. Ant brought his hand up to touch Mike’s hard chest. He ran his hands all over his hard chest and felt the light hair he’d been growing out. 

Then there was a knock on the door. 

“Oh fuck me!” Mike groaned.

“Maybe later.” Ant replied. Mike got off Ant’s lap and kissed him before going to the door. 

He opened the door and saw the mailman with a letter in hand. The mailman was shocked to see a hunk opening the door. Mike took the letter and closed it back up.

“Who’s it from?” Ant asked as he fixed his shirt. 

“From Petey.” Mike said. He sat down next to Ant and opened the letter and began reading.

Dear Michael and Antonio,

How are you guys? Good? I would assume so. 

Life in Crestwood is kinda… different. Here, there aren't things like gangs. There aren’t hidden gay lovers. Nor fighting. It’s just, plain. But not in a bad way. It’s plain in a way that makes you feel content. 

My parents got us a home in a place near a forest. My room is located on the roof. And guess what? My window faces the room of this really hot girl. We’ve been talking and I think I’m falling in love with her. I haven’t told her about my past, because it’s, let’s be honest, quite weird.

But she’s so fucking pretty and nice. Her name is Carla. We walk to school together and we hold hands sometimes. He has such pretty brown hair and bright blue eyes. Her humor is outstanding! She’s perfect. She’s basically your typical all-American girl next door!

Now I understand why you two wanted to run away. Because you guys were in love and wanted to be with each other every day. Luckily, I’m blessed with Carla living next door to me. 

I got into Princeton so I’ll be going there in the fall. I hope you two get into a school together. You two deserve to be together.

As for Ava. From what she told me, she’s going to a university in Switzerland. She’s following the footsteps of her parents and thus she might be silent for the next four years. 

And don’t worry, I’m still going on with my gardening. I’ve actually been trying to grow some pine trees in my backyard. And I’ve begun to reform some of the empty patches of grass with new things. Part of me wants to start a business or something of that sort. But it sounds far-fetched. 

Oh, here’s some tips. Try buying soil with high pH or high alkaline levels for the hydrangeas. Their petals change based on how much pH is in the soil. Alkaline produces pink petals while high pH makes blue petals. Have fun toying with them. 

There are some more tips on the back about the flowers and other things. I hope you didn’t plant the honeysuckle in other places. They’re kinda invasive. Whoops! 

I have a date tonight with Carla. When I found out there was a Red Star Diner here, I nearly lost my shit. Remember when we used to buy their milkshakes after the football games, Michael? Those were the times. 

One day, you two should come over and we’ll go get food and probably go in the woods. 

You’ll always be my best friend, Michael. And when we’re old one day, we’ll look back at these moments and think of what could’ve happened. Like, what if you didn’t go to the race that day? What if you never pursued Antonio?

Though, we know that that’s impossible. You’ll always love Antonio. You two were destined to be together. 

Maybe we can tell Antonio about the condom incident of ‘65. He deserves to know about that. 

Thank you for showing me what it means to let love endure. I’ve seen movies where the two can easily be together. But with you, right off the bat, it was a challenge. But you two remained together through thick and thin.

That’s what true love is. Being able to withstand anything and never falling out of love. 

Goodbye, for now. Let me know when we can make plans. It’ll be good to see how you two are doing.

From the one and only, Petey.

Mike finished reading the letter and sighed in relief. He held the letter close to his chest.

“Did you already plan the honeysuckle somewhere else?” Ant asked Mike.

“Yep. Major fuck up.” Mike said, laughing. “I’ll leave it there. Maybe someone can be of use of it in the future.” 

“Yeah. By the sound of it, Petey seems to be settling into his new home.” Ant said.

“He sure has. And he already has a date. We’re really growing.” Mike said. 

“So, The Condom Incident of ‘65. Care to tell me about that?” Ant asked. Mike turned a bright red.

“We didn’t know how they worked. I accidentally inhaled it through my nose and had to pull it out through my mouth. Petey literally pissed himself laughing.” Mike said. Ant also bursted out laughing.

“I was thinking we could visit Petey during the winter. He’ll be home from school. What do you think?” Ant said.

“It’s a great plan. I’ll let him know in the next letter.” Mike said. He set the letter aside and began making out with his husband on the couch.

“Mike…” Ant moaned. 

“Let’s finish what we started.” Mike whispered in Ant’s ear. 

Ant moaned and was soon being carried to their room for some special fun time. He held onto Mike close, already feeling the pouding he was going to receive.

Just like they’ve dreamt of. Being able to have sex with no interruptions in their own home.