69. Hide

Michael's POV

Michael's POV

Quickly, I jumped out of Antonio's window and made it run for it. I concealed the gun in my jacket and ran until I found a pile of debris where I could hide behind. I peeked and saw Rafael coming out the house and running towards other houses nearby and knocking on their doors. He would tell someone something before they would also run and go to other doors.

I knew it wasn't safe to be out in the open. I'm exposed and could easily be seen. The sting in my head hurt. I touched the spot on my forehead and saw a large amount of blood coming out. I could also feel some bruises forming all over my body.

I needed medical help and fast.

With no other option, I ran in the opposite direction of Ant's house. Then I came upon the Saint's hangout. The run down house had seen better days but was still standing. If I remember from a conversation I had with Ant a long time ago, there was a medical room in there for their wounded members.

I quickly ran in their hangout and closed the door behind. I looked at the derelict home and saw basic furniture. I knew there was more in here. I checked the home and looked for the medical room. I saw a small kitchen, a meeting room, supply closet, and a random furnished room.

Finally, I found the medical room. I knew it was it because of the three beds and a wall that had basic supplies. According to Ant, once every three months, the Saints will come together, pool their money, and use their funds to fix up their hangout. Sometimes they'll buy more medical supplies or new furniture.

I ran to the supplied and found bandages, painkillers, and sanitizer. I fixed up my bruise on my forehead. I also lifted up my shirt and saw a few dark spots forming from where I had been punched.

Once I was healed, my next plan was to make it home. But there's some flaws in the plan.

First, I didn't bring my car. I thought that maybe if I brought my car, it would be easy to identify me.

Second, part of me had plans that if I did go through with killing Ant, I would kill myself too in a sort of murder-suicide.

Which means I'm stuck on the west side, wounded, and with most likely the Saints looking for me.

I'm royally fucked now. Not only will the Saints be looking for me because they think I tried to kill Ant, but the Jewels will be after me because I failed my job. I have nowhere to go but to hide it out and wait for things to calm down.

But nothing can fix this. Once those pictures went out, it caused an explosion of anger and fury.

Still, even through all this, I never lost the one thing that really matters. Even in the face of death, Antonio managed to calm me down and stop me from committing the biggest mistake of my life.

I can't believe I even wanted to shoot him. I was going to go through with it. When I was looking in his eyes, I never wanted to hurt him. Cause then if he died, I would never see those eyes again. I would never feel his warmth. Kiss his lips. Hold his hand. Hear his laugh.

He's the sole reason for my existence. Crafted by God to serve and love him. And I promise to fulfill my duty.

I sat on one of the beds and took off my jacket. I made sure to place the jacket down safely to not set the gun off. I then pulled out my wallet and pulled out a note Ant had written to me a long time ago.

I read through the words. Every letter and dot of an i and cross of a t. His beautiful handwriting which explained his love for me. How thankful he was that I exist. That I came to him at the right time.

And the same is for me.

Because in the end, I just want to be with Antonio. We'll get our stuff, hop in my car, and make the long drive to the west. Our lives will officially start as a new couple together.

I laid back in the bed and held the letter close to my heart. I slowly felt myself begin to fade out. I knew it was dangerous to sleep here. I slowly got up and stumbled my way through the medical room. I exited the room and walked to the spare room.

The room had a basic bed in it and a few chairs. I climbed into the bed and held Ant's letter close to me.

My vision soon began to fade to black. In my moment before sleep, I imagined Antonio walking into the room and waking me up with a kiss.

Maybe a happily ever after is possible.

------

sorry this chapter is short :(

as of the time i posted this chapter, i've finished writing all future chapters! can't wait for you guys to see how it ends...

<3 <3